X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

RIP Lawrence Montaigne of Star Trek

I hadn't heard this one. If it was reported here earlier, I apologize.

I didn't know that he was on tap to replace Nimoy until I read Mark Cushman's These Are the Voyages book series. I don't think Nimoy was considering jumping ship to Mission:Impossible like this article suggests, however. I believe he asked for a reasonable raise, and then his agent asked for an UNreasonable raise, hence the studio courting a replacement. I think this was after season one.

For Mego fans, that's obviously Montaigne on the packages as the Romulan, as noted in the gallery.

I always think of him as Stonn. Even though he barely says anything, he's "the other guy" in one of Trek's finest hours. Heck, he's in TWO of the best episodes of Star Trek. Not bad!

Plus, Mr. Glee on Batman! RIP.

Chris
    sigpic
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

RIP Lawrence.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Sorry to hear this, his Romulan centurion Decius character was classic, one of the best episodes of the original series.

He played many roles on television back in the day, but never had the popularity. It's funny how Mego made the Romulan
      face more like the Commander, but used Montaigne face for the cardback artwork. RIP Lawrence.

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Despite how small the role(s) may have seemed at the time, his face is forever part of Star Trek (and Mego!) history. In that sense, he will live on forever.

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎