Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Simple SSP fix

Simple SSP fix

I scored a couple SSP's on Ebay lately, one had a badly worn wheel, the plastic had dried and was super brittle. I took the car (Laker Special) apart, only 3 screws. Took the wheel out stripped the rest of the plastic off the wheel and then wrapped it snugly a couple of times with Electrical tape. Now it works like a champ! Granted, we stayed indoors on the tile as I'm pretty sure the cement would eat the tape after a while. Anyway, my grandson is having a good time with it. Thinking plasti-dip would be an even better fix, but for now it's working fine and it displays very well.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

What the heck is SSP?

Oh Hector, you must have been a deprived child . . . . just kidding, these were more of a 70's toy
    here ya go: 13e1a5e49b900fcf3812088f2275730f.jpg
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Images
    I'm glad you got it working. This is one toy I won't forget. The feel of pulling that strip of plastic and especially the sound. I can still hear it. It's cool your grandson got to experience this classic toy.

I was more of a hot wheels and slot track kinda of a kid, lol...

Images
    Me and my friends had more than a few of the SSPs growing up. They were great fun but the biggest issue I ever had was that the plastic strip would break if you tried pulling it a little too hard.
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    I had some red chrome ones that shot sparks out when the wheel spun, and a really cool Demolition Derby set with parts that would fly off when they crashed. They were great toys!

Images
    I love SSP's. Still have a couple of mine. Lots of fun and the Demo Derby one's were cool too.

I did a SSP Logo shirt... https://www.redbubble.com/people/drq...ic-power?asc=u

Images
    I love SSPs! When I was a kid, the Citgo gas station near our house was offering mini versions of these. I wanted one so bad. I remember when my dad came home w/ a blue Laker Special. All the boys wanted to be my friend when I brought to Kindergarten for Show & Tell. Now I have 4 Citgo SSPs (w/ the box and stickers) 3 Laker Specials and 1 Can Am. And I have 2 full sized ones, a Blue Monday and a Black Widow.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."