X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by enyawd72
    It kind of ticks me off that none of the mainstream news outlets have mentioned his passing. There is no shortage of articles about Chuck Berry however. That always seems to be the case. If Bernie were an actor, musician, or athlete the media would be interested. An artist...not so much, even though he did far more good in his life than many of the people that DO make the news.
    The Washington Post had a piece on him, I believe it was part of a regular column they run called Comic Riffs, but they were playing up his Baltimore roots and using the local interest angle as a point of interest about Wrightson.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

And now the LA Times HEroes Complex is running a tribute to Wrightson...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Seems to me the ultimate coffee table book of his art has yet to be published.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hedji
          Seems to me the ultimate coffee table book of his art has yet to be published.
          Oh man, I would LOVE to see a collected book of his works---as large as possible to allow the eye to drink in every detail!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Lots of major media love now, the NY Times has a write up on him this weekend too...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/a...=fb-share&_r=0

I think the reason Chuck Berry got more immediate mainstream media attention is that he is the kind of celebrity that they have pre-written obits for, the big names had pre-fab memorials on file ready to go when they pass. Someone like Wrightson has to be assigned to a feature writer or someone has to come to them and pitch the memorial article, so there is a bit of a delay, but there has been a lot of media attention to Wrightson since his passing.

-M

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎