X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Columbus Toy Show Sunday 3/19

It was a sleepy set-up night, but saw some cool stuff. Early Birds at 8am, regular admission at 9am. Fairgrounds Lausche Building.

• Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

I might be there

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Oooo, nice Shoguns/Jumbo Machinders! If I was there, I'd be eyeing that ZZ-4 Mazinger crossbow arm attachment.

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

I had originally planned on attending this show, but our house remodel/room shift is taking longer and costing more than anticipated (which is the case with most remodels) so I decided I am skipping the spring show (and Gem City Comic Con and the new Great Ohio Toy Show both the first weekend in April) this year. I still plan on going to the fall show though.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

i need to get my butt to this one day.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Went once and loved it. Same folks put on a great show in Cinci last year, and I'm looking forward to going again this year.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

There were a lot of complaints about line length to get in and crowd management on the site on their facebook page today, but the vendors I know who set up said it was a really good show with one of the largest turn outs they had ever seen, so I hope it's a sign the show is doing well and growing, because it is a great show. Wish I could have gone to this one, but I am looking forward to the Sept show in Columbus (and possibly looking at the Oct show in Cinci too).

-M
              Last edited by MRP; Mar 19, '17, 8:29 PM.
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

I have done the show a zillion times, and today was the biggest crowd ever by a long shot. It was unexpected, and coupled with a new bracelet system for admission I think they were simply overwhelmed. I saw people in line before 7:30am - tons - which I have never seen before. I barely strayed from my table, which was tough for someone who goes as much to socialize as to shop. I think attitudes improved once people made it inside, but I understand the frustration as it was a crappy day to be out in the cold.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                  Oooo, nice Shoguns/Jumbo Machinders! If I was there, I'd be eyeing that ZZ-4 Mazinger crossbow arm attachment.
                  It was delightful. That was BiotronTim's table. I was next to him, lots of eye candy.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                    i need to get my butt to this one day.
                    Yep - you do. I'm sure some folks would like to meet "the Plaid Stallions guy"

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I need that 18" Robin.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Duncan
                        Museum focus-groupie
                        • Jun 27, 2009

I took a pass this time. The Blue Jackets are in the playoffs and are now competing for home ice advantage, and I'm committed to a pair of tix for the duration. My toy buying is probably on hold for a while, though that's a nice problem to have.

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

There's nothing even remotely similar to the toy/collectibles show being discussed in this thread-I wish there was!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Am I really missing out on this--how's the pricing in relation to the selection?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

When I left I passed on at least a case of FTC product MOC that was still there at $10/each. Super Powers, Mike Tyson, I think a couple of others. Those jumbo Shoguns were reasonably priced. It's a crapshoot. Definitely trending towards 80s kids at this point - lots of Transformers, TMNT, Thundercats, 80s Joe, etc

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎