X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
    I read an interview with Finn Jones.. he said he only trained for martial arts for three weeks before the show started filming. He also said that because of the tight filming schedule, sometimes he only "learned" the various fights choreography 15 minutes before they filmed!

It shows.
    They should reboot Iron Fist immediately, start from scratch...this was only a bad dream.
    sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

This show seemed so confused. At no time did I get to the point where I actually liked Danny Rand. For a character who bragged about being in complete control of himself, he ran into every situation punching now and asking questions later. Never a plan, never forethought...and when the other characters started calling him out on it, I figured they would write him so he learns something by the end, but he never learns anything. And sure, he's been away since he was 10 and I guess we're supposed to feel like he still kind of thinks like a 10 year old but I don't know.

And we never really find out what his motivation for wanting to run his fathers company was. The business parts of the show were the most disinteresting to me.

I didn't want his dumb hair and beard to bother me, but it did. It started to look stupid after a while.

I would much rather have followed Colleen Wing.

Anyway, it was a chore to finish the show. Maybe it could have been 8 episodes, or even 6. I hope they straighten out Rands character before Defenders.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        This show seemed so confused.
        Exactly.. I finished up the show last week. I thought the first six eps were watchable (aka tolerable), and I had hoped that the show might strengthen late as Danny "found himself".. but that never happened. The character was incredibly poorly written. I was also no fan of Finn's portrayal, but will give him a break considering what he was given to work with. The supporting cast was fine, but again.. they were trying to work within a thin, muddled mess of a plot..

Did anyone else have a good laugh at the "winter" set design for the Himalayas? Looked like a high school production..

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I gave up, I think the heart of the problem is Iron Fist himself. I didn't really like him, he's kind of dumb and the actor playing him doesn't effectively pull off a convincing martial artist.

It's weird, I've thought the casting on these shows has been terrific thus far but I don't get this one.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I really liked the first few episodes. I agree the martial arts and spiritual awareness of the lead could have been better displayed. I think the show would have benefited from only being 10 episodes instead of 13 it kinda dragged on from the middle till the end.

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

I thought it was an OK show. Like others, I felt it wasn't horrible, but it was good either. And like others have said -Finn just didn't seem right (maybe acting, but I think the problem was with writing and directing rather than acting.)

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                learning all the time
                • Sep 15, 2010

just curious: has marvel or netflix issued any kind of statement regarding the terrible reviews this show has gotten?
                ideally, they will cut all ties with Buck and chalk up this blunderous misfire to "a learning experience."

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎