X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

The year of the Cat

This appears to be the year of the cat ,Which is great ,Six different cat women figures ,HOLY CATS ,BATMAN !! .We got the classic
    in a retro box ,The Excelsior black outfit,The series #5 purple ,and soon Excelsior green card updated classic 1969 ,and soon
    the :66: Julie newmar & Eartha Kitt .and soon Cat-womens 4-pack goons .HOLY KITTENS !!! ,nice now we will need a Cat-mobile (the
    one from the 66 series would be nice)A Cat-van ,these would be nice to accommodate all these figures .I dont know if there was a cat-cycle?,
    but why not ??? .So Stay tuned ,same Cat time ,Same Cat-company .HOLY PURR! we also need Lee meriwether & Pussycat Leslie gor .
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

Wow, that's crazy, I didn't even realize that! I haven't seen pics of the Julie Newmar & Eartha Kitt, have a link to pictures?
    As a general Catwoman collector, I'm not complaining. In a way she's been easy to collect because any kind of Catwoman stuff typically has a big enough gap in between releases that I can justify buying it. Not sure how I'm going to convince my husband about these....
    Diana, the Re-rooter

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Has anyone seen the pictures of the female Cat hands that are now available on the site? They have to be the UGLIEST things there! Maybe it's the picture, but the sculpt looks very rough, the nails are hideous, and the wrist peg looks very fragile.

I really, really, REALLY hope that the figures are good, otherwise I will write them off as a failure.
      JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

Those look like Cheetah hands.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          Those look like Cheetah hands.

JeffBearCO
          yeah, betcha a buck they are on the TV Catwomen, too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

My Exclusive Catwoman arrived today. Not bad. Not great but not bad. The whip is nothing more than a piece of string. The boot buckles are done the same way Dinah's elastic belts was. The hands are Cheetah hands. With metal wrist pins. The overall costume is pretty true to the source material. Not sure what the flap on the back of the rubber collar is all about and the red felt cuffs are a bit off but overall not bad. The one true constant with her? The body refuses to hold a pose and she keeps hunching over.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              yeah, betcha a buck they are on the TV Catwomen, too.
              If so, hopefully they paint the claws gold.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                If so, hopefully they paint the claws gold.
                If not, I'll paint em myself...not sure Newmar Catwoman had gold nail claws though

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

i also got my exclusive cat women & Harley quiinn ,Catwomen is very colorful and clever updated in this 69 appearance ,when i saw the pic,at first
                  i thought ,not those jayna plug in things ,then i saw the cheeta hands ,now thats a nice touch ,i love this figure .harley is so colorful on the toybiz
                  gold card -love this one also .FTC did a wonderful job on these figures .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

How are the red cuffs attached in relation to the boots/leggings?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

^
                      the red cuffs are stiched to the leggings ,the the boots are the old style cat women boots but with those nice buckle straps on them .

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

They are sewn to the hem of the leggings

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                          My Exclusive Catwoman arrived today. Not bad. Not great but not bad. The whip is nothing more than a piece of string. The boot buckles are done the same way Dinah's elastic belts was. The hands are Cheetah hands. With metal wrist pins. The overall costume is pretty true to the source material. Not sure what the flap on the back of the rubber collar is all about and the red felt cuffs are a bit off but overall not bad. The one true constant with her? The body refuses to hold a pose and she keeps hunching over.
                          That's because they still use the wrong rubber band to connect the neck to the body. The FTC body is also not rigid, it is actually more soft than an old mego body so that's why the neck used to even pop into the body. It's the same issue with their female body that they have had since the beginning, they never fix anything.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

So, where can we get the right rubber bands?
                            JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

So Catwoman has shortened leggings with red flares? Dammit!
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎