Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Memorial's interview with FTC. Lots of stuff coming...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

If they redo him and Wonder Girl, and maybe Speedy in 8" and with long pants, it would probably cause sales of the other 8" Titans to pick up again. I know I've held off on Nightwing and Cyborg because of the others being in the smaller scale.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

A new Superman with a new head sculpt? I am... very interested in this.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Wonder Woman is my most anticipated new line and FTC would do well to release Series 1 by June in time for the new WW Movie! I always thought artist Jose Delco Drew the best Wonder Woman in the 70s and I want eagle emblem, Too! It took me awhile to warm up to WW emblem in the 80s. And I am glad Diana Prince will be in her blue Yeoman uniform with glasses and hair in bun like Lynda Carter looked on ABC World War II Episodes! Never liked Steve Trevor WW'S blonde Ken doll boyfriend. Silver Swan could be beautiful. I wonder if Bronze Age Cheetah on back of recent DC 2 packs will be in Series 1 or 2?

Good news about 8" Kid Flash need him with 8" Wonder Girl, Changeling, and Jericho for complete 80s New Teen Titans team. A new 8" Robin and Deathstroke wouldn't hurt Either!

Glad more 7" Teen Titans are in the Works! I can have my 70s Teen Titans West team, too!

New 8" Superman is overdue. I wish an entire Wave 4 was planned with an updated Supergirl too and Classic Jor-El and Zod or other villians like Bronze Age Metallo and Parasite!

For Super Friends I want Wonder Dog (he can use Scooby Doo body like Dynomutt) and Legion of Doom completed in 2 waves. Hawkman and other SF! And we will most likely be getting a Mego Hall of Justice reissue!

More Batman villians like new Joker and Man Bat have me excited! Wayne Foundation must be reissued!

Shazam Series 2 needs to be the Wizard Shazam, Black Adam, Tawny Tawny and Uncle Dudley in Costume!

Yes please complete Satellite JLA with Black Canary, Atom, Elongated Man, Hawkgirl, and Zatanna!

Super Powers- Hawkman is 4th figure in wave 4! Yes!

Green Lantern Corps line is welcome!

Hope Rogues Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Pied Piper, Heatwave, and the Top pictured on Flash 1 card backs are in Series 2!

Glad any DC character is possible and I would like to see FTC branch out to other DC eras like 90s and New 52/ Rebirth!

Great Interview! Lots of info and Hints! Thanks, Scott and Anthony!

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Timothy2251
          That's great news! FTC needs to put out a decent superman head sculpt. The Super Friends Superman missed the mark with the open mouth/toothy head sculpt...

Comment

• Figure8
            Museum Patron
            • May 18, 2016

If only we could be sure the new sculpt will be an improvement ... But I definitely want FTC to try.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

There wasn't much discussion on which head they were going after. There have been a lot of artist takes over the years.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

If it looks even close to Alex Ross' Superman from Kingdom Come, I would DEFINITELY be interested in this.
                The Best Superman Rendition, IMHO.
                My guess is though they will try to get close to a Curt Swan/Murphy Anderson Superman look, which as long as it
                isn't open mouth, should be ok ( ENFORCE the QC FTC!)
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

Who knows maybe it'll be based on a TV or movie Superman.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

They have scored some things we never thought they would. I would not put a George Reeves or Christopher Reeve likeness off the table. But I'm thinking it would be more of a 70s or 80s comic likeness. As long as it isn't the long hair Superman, I'm OK with it. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

I'm assuming it'll be an updated Bronze Age Swan/Adams style likeness. As long as it isn't oversized like the Batman series 5.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

Maybe 1980s Jose Garcia Lopez DC style guide Superman?

Comment

• rodkeith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                          Maybe 1980s Jose Garcia Lopez DC style guide Superman?
                          Ha! It never occurred to me until now, but Garcia-Lopez Superman is the exact meeting point in a Venn diagram of Swan's Supes and Adams'

Yes, you're probably exactly right, that seems to be their go-to.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

It's nice to know we'll get some version of Hawkman down the line. I personally want to see a Super Friends version as well as Wonder Dog and the rest of the Legion of Doom. I want to see every character on the back of the card made.

A new head for Superman would be great. I would love to see a Jose Garcia Lopez version, especially for the Super Powers line.

I'm glad they're NOT going to remake the Mego Batcopter. That was a horrific toy. I had it as a kid and hated it then. I wish the Batcopter had looked more like a real copter and it be either black or blue.

I wish FTC would consider a wave 1 Aquaman line, maybe next year, when the Aquaman movie is due to be released? Aquaman in the orange and green costume with a new headsculpt Jose Garcia Lopez style, Mera, Black Manta, and Ocean Master. That would be a great wave 1 if one wave period.

It would be cool if they could design the Supermobile. The blue sidecar to the Mego Batcycle as a kid reminded me of it.

The one DC figure that would be a trick is the Atom. He would have to be made a regular size. But I would love to have him anyway.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Great interview.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 9, 2013

This was a really informative interview for sure. It does give some flat out give some yays and nays. I wonder if the Excelsior exclusive is the new Joker they were talking about. I hope Man-Bat is based on the Adams and/or Robbins version. I really am looking forward to this one.
                              The very first custom I made was Man-Bat. I took the wings off of a eagle from Big Jim and rubber banded them to a shirtless Batman.
                              I am a little confused about Hawkman. I don't think I'm reading this wrong. Here's a quote from the interview. Inside the parantheses is me clarifing what's in what series.
                              "PM: We've seen the teases for Red Tornado, Firestorm, and Dr. Fate (series 4). Hawkman is on the card backs for Series 3 (GL,MM,Flash and Plastic Man). Will DC's Winged Avenger fill out the lineup for Series 4?
                              AB: Hawkman will be in Series 4 for sure. we are working out who else will join him."

In the answer did he get the waves confused? If Hawkman is rounding out wave 4 then we know the rest of the wave. It's Red Tornado, Firestorm and Dr. Fate. If they have to figure out the rest of the wave does that mean he's in a yet to be mentioned wave 5? If so, who's the fourth in wave 4? I'm probably over thinking it. It was probably a mistake. It's got to be a lot to keep track of.
                              Grood is on the new muscle body. I hope it's a little taller than the regular body.
                              As for Superman they say there's no wave 4 planned "just yet". They have a " new version of Superman" coming with a "new head". I mentioned a TV or movie Superman earlier and I agree it would seem to be more likely to be a comic style. A Swan head would be great but as long as it looks good and in proportion that would be enough.
                              A big part of what they offer collectors is the Batman 66 line. I would guess it also does better for them than most. If this line is winding down like a lot of people here think then they might want to fill that gap in their product. I think a tv or movie Superman line makes sense. They say new version and new head, not Superman with a new head.
                              I could be over thinking this too. To be fair speculating on what the future product we could be offered has to be at least a third of what we're supposed to be doing.😊.
                              Thanks for reading, I know I ramble.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎