X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
    LOL...when I first saw Poison Ivy I immediately thought Caitlyn Jenner.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

This, a hundred times this. FTC has the vintage female sculpts they need for most any character. Heck, even copying vintage Daisy would yield another serviceable head.

Only Jayna and the upcoming cowled Catwoman have good original sculpts IMO.

That said, I don't hate this figure--but it's not at all the best execution they could have attempted IMO.

Originally posted by jeffbearco
      I had already decided that if the head sucked, the Invisible Girl head with the eyes repainted would be a good match for Wonder Woman, even if it is my go-to head for customs. At least it is in scale and there are no obvious defects other than the eyes being too light. I really wish they would go ahead and churn out that head with different makeup. It would save me a lot of time repainting.

JeffBearCO
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 21, '17, 3:09 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        Forget about the heads...can they make a NEW re-mego body??!!?? Between the head and the body you can't even justify putting down 20 - 25 for a figure that you are basically going to be using for the clothes. Pathetic and only getting worse. That other line with the new version of the retro Catwoman and Joker is just GOD AWFUL! More rehashed garbage in my opinion. Put some money into making a new female body and getting sculpts to be ACTUAL 1/9 scale and looks like they could be doing more business than they are doing...but you keep this up with rehashed/rechurned stuff you will have no market anymore. Especially at $20 - $25 a figure. I'd rather do it right with the customizers here on the forum and spend more to get the figure I want. Seems to fall on deaf ears when it comes to FTC.
        where are you getting them for 20-25 bucks? 30 seems to be the new price for FTC. I have a feeling they are going to price themselves right out of the retro biz.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MEMEGO
          Career Member
          • Sep 6, 2007

30 Plus shipping is way to much for these weak ugly low quality figures.
          sadly, they started at a good price and were decent. but the newer ones are as President Trump would say, A Disaster, a complete Disaster.
          WHAT IS NEEDED IS A PRICE CUT, BETTER HEADS AND CLOTHES.

Comment

• MEMEGO
            Career Member
            • Sep 6, 2007

I thought of Caitlyn Jenner with that angry drag queen looking Wonder Woman.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

This is the worst FTC figure ever made. The costume does not fit, the hairs a rat's nest, but most of all it is unattractive. There is not one redeeming quality. I do not like bashing FTC but this figure gives me no choice. Maybe I will grow to like it...

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I'd like to see an unpackaged figure for further scrutiny, but I like how the figure looks.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jacoblb
                  I'd like to see an unpackaged figure for further scrutiny, but I like how the figure looks.
                  Me too, on both counts.

I have a feeling I am going to go with Batman Series 5 first, then Flash Series 1 (minus Barry for now), then Evil Super Friends. Sadly, I see no redeeming qualities in that Space Ghost, which rules out the kids and Blip. Billy Batson is still on the table too, as is the CMjr gold variant.

Still hoping to see some pictures first though.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    LOL...when I first saw Poison Ivy I immediately thought Caitlyn Jenner.
                    Originally posted by MEMEGO
                    I thought of Caitlyn Jenner with that angry drag queen looking Wonder Woman.
                    You guys think about Caitlyn Jenner a lot ...

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 3, 2010

By now I would have hoped someone would have posted
                      pics of her. I saw her in the card a couple of weeks ago, but did
                      not go over her with a fine tooth comb because I didn't want to
                      take up the FTC folks time while they were extremely busy.

I didn't turn to stone or run away screaming from her,but was immediately
                      attracted to the Two Face. I didn't foresee this figure being so panned as
                      Maybe the Space Ghost, which I didn't care for. I made a custom of him a few years back,
                      and like mine better.
                      I would like to see some pics of these figure out of the cards people.
                      Post em up
                      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 23, 2012

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 23, 2012

Well, I just couldn't get into the new Daisy Duke head, but for some wacky caprice, the original Mego one doesn't bug me as much. I've used that head in the past for Poison Ivy, and thought she was fine except for the melon-size. So for the FTC Ivy, I removed Mego Daisy's hair and dumped the head in Namptha for a month until it shrank down to the correct size. The finishing touch was a tiny 1/9th scale red wig I bought on Etsy from a nice lady who lives in Poland. ! And now I'm satisfied!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
                            Well, I just couldn't get into the new Daisy Duke head, but for some wacky caprice, the original Mego one doesn't bug me as much. I've used that head in the past for Poison Ivy, and thought she was fine except for the melon-size. So for the FTC Ivy, I removed Mego Daisy's hair and dumped the head in Namptha for a month until it shrank down to the correct size. The finishing touch was a tiny 1/9th scale red wig I bought on Etsy from a nice lady who lives in Poland. ! And now I'm satisfied!
                            Pictures?

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jan 23, 2012

Pictures are on the 41st post. I hope you can see them. I'm posted them from my iPhone, but Im viewing them also. ��

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ All I see are xxx's
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎