Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The Isis head is exactly the same mold as Mego's previous Super-Gals, just a different, more detailed paint deco. Oh what a difference paint can make.

Jaida's right, acetone or ketone will strip paint easily from Mego vinyl heads.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 18, '17, 10:26 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      The Isis head is exactly the same mold as Mego's previous Super-Gals, just a different, more detailed paint deco. Oh what a difference paint can make.

Jaida's right, acetone or ketone will strip paint easily from Mego vinyl heads.
      I've never had the chance of seeing an Isis head in person. I always assumed her headpiece was molded on, is it just paint like WW?

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        The smile could be readjusted with some paint, it looks a lot better than a vintage doll looking Isis or Mary Ellen, tho.
        I speak from experience; it is VERY hard to adjust much when the mold has an open mouth smile. A shade of paint may help it look a little different or match to something better, but that's about it. You can change the shape of the lips slightly, but if you try to paint over her teeth to "close" her mouth, it won't work. Closed mouth molds are much more versatile.
        Plus, when did Poison Ivy EVER have dimples? lol

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
          I speak from experience; it is VERY hard to adjust much when the mold has an open mouth smile. A shade of paint may help it look a little different or match to something better, but that's about it. You can change the shape of the lips slightly, but if you try to paint over her teeth to "close" her mouth, it won't work. Closed mouth molds are much more versatile.
          Plus, when did Poison Ivy EVER have dimples? lol
          worked wonders for the Famous Covers Rogue that had the same grin issue. At this small scale it won't be noticed, just bring the bottom lipstick up a little. As far as dimples go, they don't bother me all that much, the head still looks more realistic than the horrible 70's Mego female dollie sculpts. The head with the redone hair sort of has a Irish McCalla thing going on who would have made a great Ivy for the 66 TV show. If they did the same hair style in blonde it could be used for Sheena.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I've never had the chance of seeing an Isis head in person. I always assumed her headpiece was molded on, is it just paint like WW?
            It's the exact same head as WW--the headband is painted as was WW's tiara. Isis replaced WW in the 8" WGSH assortments.

The eye detailing on Isis really shoes how the Gals sculpt can be manipulated by a deco.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

FTC has goddess heads with different hair colors. Get a red haired one and get rid of the tiara.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Forget about the heads...can they make a NEW re-mego body??!!?? Between the head and the body you can't even justify putting down 20 - 25 for a figure that you are basically going to be using for the clothes. Pathetic and only getting worse. That other line with the new version of the retro Catwoman and Joker is just GOD AWFUL! More rehashed garbage in my opinion. Put some money into making a new female body and getting sculpts to be ACTUAL 1/9 scale and looks like they could be doing more business than they are doing...but you keep this up with rehashed/rechurned stuff you will have no market anymore. Especially at $20 - $25 a figure. I'd rather do it right with the customizers here on the forum and spend more to get the figure I want. Seems to fall on deaf ears when it comes to FTC.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Between the baggy Party City Halloween costume and the Daisy head that looks way to happy to be here, this gal is an easy pass for me.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    FTC has goddess heads with different hair colors. Get a red haired one and get rid of the tiara.
                    Actually, the regular red headed head would likely look better; the goddess head has a really weird paint job around the eyes from the pics. They just thickened the upper lashes in a sloppy way and did a really odd dash under the eye rather than lining it like the regular heads. It's not like the original detailed eyes on the Mego Isis head.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I am still holding out hope that the reason Wonder Woman wave 1 has been delayed so long is because they are working on the female body issues. They have been playing with minor updates like the hands. I'm hoping they are working on fixing the torso pieces so they fit together better and fix any posture issues.

That's my hope at least.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                        I am still holding out hope that the reason Wonder Woman wave 1 has been delayed so long is because they are working on the female body issues. They have been playing with minor updates like the hands. I'm hoping they are working on fixing the torso pieces so they fit together better and fix any posture issues.

That's my hope at least.

JeffBearCO
                        Though a new body would be nice, I'm more concerned that they get the head sculpt right. Another lantern-jawed, flat-backed, crooked-eyed, angry draq queen head sculpt would kill the line for me immediately.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                          Though a new body would be nice, I'm more concerned that they get the head sculpt right. Another lantern-jawed, flat-backed, crooked-eyed, angry draq queen head sculpt would kill the line for me immediately.
                          OMGee you read my mind but I knew if I said it first I would offend someone.
                          Spoken like a true gentleman

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I had already decided that if the head sucked, the Invisible Girl head with the eyes repainted would be a good match for Wonder Woman, even if it is my go-to head for customs. At least it is in scale and there are no obvious defects other than the eyes being too light. I really wish they would go ahead and churn out that head with different makeup. It would save me a lot of time repainting.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

OMGee you read my mind but I knew if I said it first I would offend someone.
                              Spoken like a true gentleman
                              You have 81 posts and have been here for less than a year... everything you say is going to offend someone!

Speak your mind; no one is going to agree with everything, but I think we all like good discussion.

I want the heads to be the first priority. A new body would be great and I love the idea of the Type S body. But honestly, if they fixed the problem of the current bodies - bands too tight, breakage -- and made them at least as durable as original Megos (which had their issues too! but that might have been due to rough play on my part) -- I would be thrilled with the current bodies.

Just quality control in general. Even worse than a replaceable body is getting a figure with dirt on the costume and smudges on the head. That really deflates the whole experience for me.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                                LOL...when I first saw Poison Ivy I immediately thought Caitlyn Jenner.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎