X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Excelsior Toys Exclusives, March '17

I though I would start, or re-start, a thread to discuss the latest FTC Excelsior Toys Exclusives.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Then check out the latest Mego Museum Newsletter!

First is the much expected all-black costume Batman using the Modern Series Four Batman. The shorts look like they might suffer from the same material faux pas of the Series 4 Batman, but the all-black either hides it better, or it is a little better on this figure. Can't tell whether the suit has the short sleeves and leggings either, but from the pictures, that might have been rectified. Neckline looks better too. Hopefully the shiny head sculpt is just the prototype and won't be that one on the production version. Not my favorite Batman costume though, so I will probably skip it.

Second is the Mego Joker wearing a black and white version of his silk screened suit. Okay. No appeal for me but... okay...

Third is Harley Quinn, making her return in a shiny version of her suit. Kind of neat looking; a cool variant. I'm not a Harley fan though, so no buy here, but it still tempted me.

Finally, is a new Catwoman, with a a costume closer to her 1969 pirate costume, my second favorite Catwoman costume! I've been hoping for this, but I still cannot believe FTC made it. Now if someone can just make the proper mask for her, she will be perfect in my eyes!

Overall, nice job, FTC.
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

I'M thinking the Catwoman can be fixed with a headband that just adds the points of the mask,
    affixed to her head much like the Mattel Retro Wonder Woman's Tiara....times like this I wish I had access to a 3-D printer...I agree...This is the one I wished Mego made instead of the one we got....Could have been worse, we could have gotten the green suited Catwoman from Batman #197, my least favorite outfit.
    May or May not get this one.......Price being the #1 factor...

Harley I'd like to get, but at these prices, I'm not married to the idea of buying release Harley as
    opposed to make a custom Harley, so my personal rules of purchasing will still apply here....

Joker...I just want the suit. Considering they finally released Gordon's outfit as a "generic" detective,
    there's hope we get him as a " Senator" or "well dressed man" Like they've done on other suits
    with their bodies for $14 to $17. Still high but....

Batman. After Kid Biz Batman, is there really a need for a Black Suit Batman?
    My son thinks he's cool, but he has the First GOLD Release Black Batman,
    so no purchase of this one in my house, and I got a LOT of batmans......
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

The only one of these I'm even tempted for is the Batman in black. He still has the long neck though so I'd feel like I have to put him on a type-S body and hope he turns out OK. I'd probably also add a black neck ruff similar to the 66 Batman to force the cape up higher.

Joker is a HUGE disappointment for me. I'm still hoping they do a 66 Joker costume in a darker purple, and then put it on the skinny white body. It would be great if they did the trenchcoat too. They have all of the pieces to do a great figure. I always hated the printed outfit.

I'd get Harley if I didn't already have the other. I'm not one to be sucked in just because the new one is shiny.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

I like the Joker.
        I'm gonna get the Joker.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

On FTC's Facebook page, they have more pictures. The Batman head sculpt has some deformities, which, since the Series 5 Batman also had some, is of no surprise. Check his let ear.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yeah, I see that. Hopefully that's just another example of their advertising folks botching the figure's appearance in order to superimpose the background. They absolutely excel at creating promotional blunders in pics. I don't understand how this gets out without someone internally reviewing the stuff first. I guess it's just not important to them. It's an odd practice.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I really like the Catwoman plus her outfit might make for a cool female pirate custom too.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Batman's head sculpt deformities notwithstanding, these are really nice figures... and the photos on the FTC site are some of their best yet.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

These are up for sale now. Just placed my order for Catwoman!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

Very exciting, except for the "Does Not Ship To Canada" part. How do we get around that, palitoy?

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by rodkeith
                        Very exciting, except for the "Does Not Ship To Canada" part. How do we get around that, palitoy?
                        I have to ask kind friends in the US to ship them to me.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Joker Link

Harley Link

Batman Version 2 Link

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 13, 2016

Is there a specific release date for the Catwoman?
                            I want to tinker around with her so her mask will be pointy
                            Does Excelsior set up at Mego Meet?

-Diana

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

It's available right now at the link i just posted. Excelsior doesn't do shows to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎