Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 Palitoy Commander Power Catalog (Super Joe)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1979 Palitoy Commander Power Catalog (Super Joe)

In 1976, Hasbro Toys had abandoned the G.I. Joe action figure , the following year Joe returned 4 inches shorter and now in the future as "Super Joe" which lasted two brief years.

Hasbro's UK distributor Palitoy (Who was still busy selling 12" Joes as Action Man) decided to release Super Joe into the United Kingdom. Like a lot of their product lines, Palitoy did a massive rebranding of the concept. Joe became Commander Powerand he was only joined by two other characters at the time, Gor King of the Terrons and the Shield. Judging by how hard it is to find the toys from this line, it's fair to summize that it wasn't terribly successful. However, it is quite nice to look at:

Check out the Palitoy Commander Power Catalog here.

More Super Joe:

For more about Super Joe check out our comprehensive Super Joe Gallery

1977 Super Joe Hasbro Catalog

1978 Super Joe Hasbro CatalogFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

nice. I did not realize the Palitoy commander came in the red suit. Palitoy had much nicer artwork on their packaging. I love the SJ line, it was fun and imaginative. too bad they were so poorly made

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

As a kid I loved Super Joe. A Joe in a close scale to my Megos was near perfect. I get with collectors hate it, but the 70s kid in my wins out.
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Super Joe also had superior articulation compared to Mego, and those fantastic kung fu grip hands... both of which, sadly, could not stand the test of time.

It is interesting that Palitoy skipped Darkon and Luminos, but still went that deep on the accessory sets. I don't even remember seeing a Rocket Command Center until I was an adult collector.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎