X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkey tennis
    "Kiss my face."
    • Jun 8, 2007

Snoopy / Peanuts

Who was your favorite Snoopy / Peanuts Character ?

I always liked Peppermint Patty
    I just thought she was sooo cool.
    I would've hung around with her in school.
    She kinda reminded me off Huckleberry Finn.
    A bit tomboy(ish)

"I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Great thread monkeyt

I like the PEANUTS gals---little girls charm the heck out of me.

Patty on one end of the femininity spectrum----and Sally on the other

or for you more PEANUT-obscurists Marcy/Frieda are almost just as good a range.

My favorite is probably Sally though----she's just so dang cute, impatient and honest....
      I guess she's Lucy with an actual tender side. And Violet? She's just a clone of Lucy.

As far as the boys go---probably Charlie Brown---I'm always a sucker for
      the "loser" character of a franchise---Moe Syzlak, Dr. Zoidberg---in PEANUTS it
      just happens to be the "main dude"

I have to give Schroder credit though cause he keeps that you-know-what Lucy in line!
      Lord knows Charlie can't do it!
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• censy
        thread killer
        • Sep 26, 2007

my security blanket

I always related to Linus. I even had a Linus doll that I dragged around everywhere, like a security blanket : )

Chris

Comment

• Seeker
          Neptunians RULE!
          • Feb 20, 2008

Charlie Brown. I can really relate to the kid. Linus would be next and Woodstock a close 3rd.
          Lo there do I see my Father.
          Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
          Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
          Lo they do call me.
          They bid me take my place among them.
          In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

I remember having some peanuts books where the peanuts gang were like even smaller and younger, sort of like how these days they do everyhing ".... babies", Muppet Babies, superhero babies, um, I can't think of any others at the moment ,but I think you know what I mean. Anyways, does anybody remember these strips?

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

It's kinda hard to pick a fave. It's easier to tell you who I don't like. Lucy, she's just plain MEAN! Marcy, she doesn't seem to have a mind of her own. Pig Pen, obvious reasons. Frieda, I don't care about your naturally curly hair. Violet, she and Lucy coulda made a movie: "Mean Girls 2, The Animated Version."
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• z3zep
                The Girl Next Door
                • Sep 30, 2006

Joe Cool, Snoopy!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

When growing up, of all the Charlie Browns in the world, I was the Charlie Browniest. I can relate.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

Personally, I like Sherman the best. Obscure character from Charlie Brown Christmas who does the Frankenstein, sleep walking dance and ponders why he is always picked to be a Shepherd in every Christmas Play.
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• grayhank
                      That Fisher Price Guy
                      • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by stretchandro
                      I remember having some peanuts books where the peanuts gang were like even smaller and younger, sort of like how these days they do everyhing ".... babies", Muppet Babies, superhero babies, um, I can't think of any others at the moment ,but I think you know what I mean. Anyways, does anybody remember these strips?
                      Schroeder was originally much younger than the others. He was almost a toddler compared to the others but could still play a mean Beethoven on his toy piano. There was a strip I recall where Charlie Brown sits him at a real piano and he cries.

It's also interesting that three of the original characters Shermy, Violet and Patty (not to be confused with Peppermint Patty) were essentially written out of the strip in favor of Franklin, Peppermint Patty and Marcy.

Peanuts Trivia: The "Little Red Haired Girl" wasn't officially mentioned by name in the strip but did have a name in one of the cartoons. She was called "Heather" in "It's Your First Kiss Charlie Brown". Years later in "It's Christmastime Again Charlie Brown" Charlie Brown had a girlfriend named "Peggy Jean" who was also assumed to be the "Little Red Haired Girl".

EDITED: I thought Charlie Brown's girlfriend was named "Billie Jean" but it's actually "Peggy Jean". My bad!
                      Last edited by grayhank; Apr 22, '08, 12:50 PM.
                      Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

Here is another bit of trivia. Lucy was created to represent Charles Schulz's first wife...who became his ex.

He found her to be every bit of the loud abrasive character of Lucy. The Psychiatrist booth was his way to jab her at giving unsolicited advice and the clinking of nickels, her apparent materialism.

Apparently, he created her and sometimes even had words come from her mouth right in the strip that might have been something rude his wife said the day before. She was completely disinterested in his comic so he was taking jabs at her right under her nose but she never bothered to pick up one of the strips and read it.

The "Little Red Haired Girl" was a character that Charles Schulz created after a person who he had a crush on. Apparently, they dated a few times but she didn't find him to be her type and married someone else. Supposedly, he never got over the crush.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• mitchedwards
                          Mego Preservation Society
                          • May 2, 2003

Always been a Snoopy fan.

The paper ran this classic strip last Sunday. When I was a kid I thought this was one of the funniest strips ever.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by mitchedwards
                            Always been a Snoopy fan.

The paper ran this classic strip last Sunday. When I was a kid I thought this was one of the funniest strips ever.

http://www.comics.com//comics/peanut...8042261970.jpg
                            That's a good one! I just picked up off of Ebay the Peanuts Parade book, "Who's the Funny Lookin' Kid w/ the Big Nose". I sat down and prompty read all of it! RIP Charles M. Schulz.
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I always liked Pigpen..
                              All he was, was a dirty Linus

m

m

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰