X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Very strange happening in my town...

My wife told me last night that in the last six months, about a dozen of her co-workers, their immediate family and friends have all had to have their gall bladders removed. Age, gender, and body type do not appear to have anything to do with it.

Bizarre and creepy...
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Hmmm. Perhaps someone is building a gall bladder collection? Gotta get 'em all!!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Is one doctor preforming the procedures? Sounds like a scam!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^Definitely not a scam...they all had major symptoms before it happened. The latest guy's ruptured and caused a bad infection...he's not doing real well.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Is there a chemical plant nearby?
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

If i recall correctly, they aren't really treating the gall bladder anymore, the procedure is very simple these days so it's just easier to yank it out.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I know from personal experience you can get nasty stones and need your GB taken out if you lose a lot of weight.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I think you may have a movie script in there somewhere, Dwayne.

That is disturbing in an Erin Brokovich kind of way.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

A friend of mine went in to have gall bladder removal, an in-out procedure. The doctor screwed something up and the guy woke up days later in another hospital where he had been life-flighted to. He's ended up now with months of additional surgeries, rehab, and treatments. Blood clots nearly cost him both legs. Real mess from minimally invasive procedure. Lawyers now involved, but a huge quality of life issue. Poor guy hasn't worked in 2 years.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Ugh. That's horrible.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Horrible--makes me glad I dodged two potential surgeries last month.

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                      A friend of mine went in to have gall bladder removal, an in-out procedure. The doctor screwed something up and the guy woke up days later in another hospital where he had been life-flighted to. He's ended up now with months of additional surgeries, rehab, and treatments. Blood clots nearly cost him both legs. Real mess from minimally invasive procedure. Lawyers now involved, but a huge quality of life issue. Poor guy hasn't worked in 2 years.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

I had my gall bladder yanked back in 2004 due to some stomach and GI issues. Gall Bladder gone, but the symptoms still flare up from time to time and will easily disable me for at least a couple of days. Thinking about having my pancreas checked out since I found out it also produces bile, which is what pools in my stomach and leads to eighteen hours of pretty much non-stop barfing (imagine what comes out of the bottom of you body coming out through your mouth; it's fairly horrific).

Regarding the story about the guy's surgery that went awry: the only people who consider "minor surgery" minor are the insurance companies who what to get you in and out of the hospital as quickly as possible. Any time any one opens the closed system that is the body human, almost anything can go haywire...
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                          I had my gall bladder yanked back in 2004 due to some stomach and GI issues. Gall Bladder gone, but the symptoms still flare up from time to time and will easily disable me for at least a couple of days. Thinking about having my pancreas checked out since I found out it also produces bile, which is what pools in my stomach and leads to eighteen hours of pretty much non-stop barfing (imagine what comes out of the bottom of you body coming out through your mouth; it's fairly horrific).
                          Did you have your bile duct cleaned out before you had the gallbladder surgery ?

If not it's very possible you have a stone or stones in there.

I had to have mine done

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                            Did you have your bile duct cleaned out before you had the gallbladder surgery ?

If not it's very possible you have a stone or stones in there.

I had to have mine done
                            Yep, to my knowledge, the last time they checked the ductwork, it was stone free, but I might have 'em check it again....

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎