Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Show 'N" Tell

Plaid Stallions Show 'N" Tell

Gabriel's Show N Tell came out when I was ten years old, so I'm not surprised I didn't notice it back then, I was all about action figures at that point.

A really novel approach to the "Book and Record" format I loved, I can't imagine it had a long life at retail with affordable VCRs looming closer and closer....For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Blog Entries
    I had one of those! I remember the one disc I played over and over was Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. The artwork was pretty good; like a really well done water color. I must have played it to death.
    JediJaida

Images
    I docent at a museum that has one of these, but it doesn't run anymore (most of the items there still function). I'd love to see how it worked in person. The idea does make sense as a kind of neat variant record player, and it was definitely a relic of a pre-VCR era.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    That's pretty neat. But Raggedy Ann better watch out...I think that cat is about to hurl a hairball.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I almost bought one of these at a flea market once. Cool concept. I think these were released twice, once w/ Gabriel and once w/ Child Guidance? Is that right?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Have you ever seen Kenner's Play N Show? It has a record with the film strip made onto it and as it plays the sound the films move along on the screen. I have one from my childhood still with the box and extra's. It was a Sears special in 69. I watched and listened to that things hours at a time.

Images
    I never had one of these. It looks cool. I had a viewmaster projector. We'd gather around that. Man, that thing would get hot. I can't tell you how many times I burned myself on it. I'm going to put my old fogies hat on now and say something. As cool as it is having YouTube and DVDs and all the modern conveniences, and I wouldn't trade them mind you, some of those magical moments we all had in our childhood were due to suffering​ without these conveniences. It made them even more special.