X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Matthew Vaughn might direct Man of Steel 2

Great news...glad Warner Brothers is finally snapping outta the Zack "Hack" Snyder syndrome. The Wonder Woman movie looks like a breath of fresh air...and hopefully Supes next flick is too.

Vaughn directed Kick Arse, X-Men: First Class...Kingsman: Secret Service (an underrated movie that was a lot of fun)..

Matthew Vaughn of X-Men: First Class and Kingsman fame, is being considered to direct the Man of Steel sequel.

I want DC movies to succeed so bad...I'm tired of their crrap...Suicide Squad sucked...and Batman v Superman sucked even more...enough already...

UP, UP...AND AWAAAAAAAAY!

sigpic
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

A visionary director, he's a good fit, I think.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Hector
      Great news...glad Warner Brothers is finally snapping outta the Zack "Hack" Snyder syndrome. The Wonder Woman movie looks like a breath of fresh air...and hopefully Supes next flick is too.

Vaughn directed Kick Arse, X-Men: First Class...Kingsman: Secret Service (an underrated movie that was a lot of fun)..

Matthew Vaughn of X-Men: First Class and Kingsman fame, is being considered to direct the Man of Steel sequel.

I want DC movies to succeed so bad...I'm tired of their crrap...Suicide Squad sucked...and Batman v Superman sucked even more...enough already...

UP, UP...AND AWAAAAAAAAY!

Well hopefully if Vaughan does do something for DC he keeps his association with Mark Millar (creator of Kingsman and Kick ***) far away from anything DC. Millar is the one who essentially said the only way DC could sell a Wonder Woman comic was to do an event comic like the Breaking of the Bat or the Death of Superman based on the rape of Wonder Woman. The only thing that could possibly make DC movies worse is to let Millar get his grubby little hack hands involved in influencing it.

Millar's comment from 2010:
      “I pitched this to DC for a laugh years back. The idea was that, like Death of Superman, we had Rape of Wonder Woman; a twenty-two page rape scene that opened up into a gatefold at the end just like Superman did.”

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz4c88D8dBH
      -M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Excellent choice! Snyder had to go!
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Good story teller, hope he leaves the Ultra Violence at home.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Agreed. We have a good chance for a solid Superman depiction. Glory!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Kick-***** is still one of my favorite "Superhero" movies of all time. I think given the studio and the property, he'd bring the same sensibilities that he brought to X-Men First Class (although I personally find that film to be a little overrated).

I just can't believe we can't get Superman right. It ain't rocket science. He's about as straightforward and archetypal as you can get.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Good, maybe Supes will lighten up this time, keep the cast and fix the Jimmy Olsen screw job that Snyder did to us. Maybe the jonn intro should happen there since his rumored secret ID originated in Man of Steel.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎