Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone please explain to me what is going on with Hasbro Star Wars?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Someone please explain to me what is going on with Hasbro Star Wars?

I remember about 10 years ago, figures were abundant- and there was a variety of figures. What is up with the current meager assortment of figures? All I see at stores is a handful of figures from TFA or Rogue One. Has Hasbro given up with the 6" figures? There's still a lot of characters available for the 6" format. But even at that, what is going on with the 'new' 3.75" figures with the POTF2-type articulation?? I know stuff could be bought online, like BBTS- but sheesh, figures are barely trickling out the factory. Another strike at a Chinese factory?
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

They simply have too many different lines going at the same time. 6" Black Series, 3.75" Black Series, Rogue One 5 POA, Force Awakens 5 POA, Legacy 5 POA, Rebels 5 POA, 12" Titan Series...they should just stick to these new more detailed 5 POA figures and put them on Kenner cards. I'd actually start collecting again if they did that.

It's gonna get even worse. They're bringing back the Titanium Series figures this year.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

For starters the unrelenting focus on the prequel era had already really hurt SW at retail and then came phantom Menace 3D. People have to remember, after PM3D, SW was dead at retail before Force Awakens. Its been a rough rebuilding of the brand. 6 inch figures and 5 POA current movie assortments are the main focus. SW is now treated like a yearly movie line. A bunch of product when a new movie hits and then a dry spell before the next one.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 13, '17, 12:18 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

There's a lot of 5 POA 3.75 inch stuff out there from Hasbro, but the Super Articulated 3.75 inch Black Series range is currently Walmart exclusive... There have been rumours for a while that Hasbro will ultimately pretty much phase out SA 3.75 inch and concentrate on 5 POA 3.75 inch and the 6 inch Black Series.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

The 5 POA 3.75" figures probably require a lot less tooling and assembly, so I don't blame Hasbro for favoring that line. Plus, I think they're cheaper to buy, too.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

its going to be tough I think going forward with a new star wars movie coming out now every Christmas.but yeah I ordered the latest star wars black series,with obi wan and leia,from bbts in December and I have yet to see them on the shelves.and seeing the same figures from AFA is now an eyesore.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

The only place that seems to be getting any of the more articulated 3.75" figures is Walmart.

Comment

• spockoda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jan 14, 2018

Disney took over. I think that is part of what happened to Star Wars, as well as possibly the economy in general.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎