X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    I haven't seen her in Bats Vs Supes and really have no desire to see it...but she is absolutely STUNNING as Wonder Woman in these trailers. More than the beauty...she carries the role well. Can't wait til this comes out in June.
    I haven't seen Batfleck vs Superman either out of principal cuz I'm a DC snob & longtime Affleck hater.
    Do you think one needs to watch it first?
    And what do you think the ominious "don't let her know what she really is?" line mean?
    A goddess?
    Originally molded from Clay and has no actual father? (Which also causes me to wonder why water wouldn't kill her, but alas, apparently I overthink this stuff)

Diana, The Re-Rooter, (sadly) not Wonder Woman

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Justice League movie:

Superman is the strongest. Wonder Woman is the best fighter. Aquaman is a baddarze. The Flash is really, really fast. Cyborg is, well, a cyborg. And Batman is the brain and has cool toys...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Cyborg Really looks terrible in the trailer, Flash not much better. Aquaman I can live with and The Affleck Batman along with Alfred was the other saving grace from BVS. Cavill is fine as Superman, he just seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as dialog and storylines go.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Looks really good, and so ones the movie. ❤️
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by Hector
            Justice League movie:

Superman is the strongest. Wonder Woman is the best fighter. Aquaman is a baddarze. The Flash is really, really fast. Cyborg is, well, a cyborg. And Batman is the brain and has cool toys...

So we just gonna turn a blind eye to the lack of Martian Manhunter? I mean, he's probably my least favorite in the Justice League, but if he isn't there, who else will take him in? For an alien he is incredibly dull (Superman is a way cooler alien) and I can't think of a time he has been pivotal in his role except for when he died in Final Crisis. Doesn't every super team need a human (or alien) shield?

Diana, Still not Wonder Woman
            Diana,

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I never cared for the character of Martian Manhunter...so I don't miss him one bit.

Even in this fantastical world...it's pretty ridiculous that Mars has lifeforms as advanced and strong as Manhunter...yet we didn't know of each other, as Earth and Mars are in the same Solar System. At least Krypton was waaaaaaaaaay out there, lol.

I didn't get your last Diana/Wonder Woman sentence. What did you mean?
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Cyborg Really looks terrible in the trailer, Flash not much better. Aquaman I can live with and The Affleck Batman along with Alfred was the other saving grace from BVS. Cavill is fine as Superman, he just seems to be getting the short end of the stick as far as dialog and storylines go.
                Agreed. But you left out Wonder Woman. What do you think of her?

She's my favorite JL movie character...sorry, Supes...
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Agreed. But you left out Wonder Woman. What do you think of her?

She's my favorite JL movie character...sorry, Supes...
                  Sorry, she's perfect as is. This movie looks like the one that might turn the Snyder mess around. And I do miss J'onn as well, the whole life on Mars argument doesn't hold up either, we still don't know that answer. Cyborg getting shoehorned into his spot is annoying. If they needed a pc move then bring in John Stewart GL instead.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Sorry, she's perfect as is. This movie looks like the one that might turn the Snyder mess around. And I do miss J'onn as well, the whole life on Mars argument doesn't hold up either, we still don't know that answer. Cyborg getting shoehorned into his spot is annoying. If they needed a pc move then bring in John Stewart GL instead.
                    Agreed again! What's going on here?

John Stewart GL would've made the JL even more powerful and baddarze.

Cyborg looks like a poor man's RoboCop, lol...
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

The move is not motivated at all by political correctness, it's merely marketing to different demographics. It's funny how Hollywood gets accused of racism and the dreaded "PC" in their casting often in the same week but in both cases, it's just about making money. Hence, white ancient one and Scarjo Ghost in the Shell.

Having said that i'll never totally accept Cyborg as a Justice Leaguer and I am stymied as to why John Stewart isn't in this. He's a great character.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

If they make Martian Manhunter a being from an ALTERNATE planet Mars...from an ALTERNATE universe...then, yes, I'd be okay with him...just not the present Mars next to us...
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

If they make Martian Manhunter a being from an ALTERNATE planet Mars...from an ALTERNATE universe...then, yes, I'd be okay with him...just not the present Mars next to us...
                          Yeah, I can't accept living Martians in my movie about Amazon Goddesses, super powerful aliens and men who dress like bats. It'd ruin the realism.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            The move is not motivated at all by political correctness, it's merely marketing to different demographics. It's funny how Hollywood gets accused of racism and the dreaded "PC" in their casting often in the same week but in both cases, it's just about making money. Hence, white ancient one and Scarjo Ghost in the Shell.

Having said that i'll never totally accept Cyborg as a Justice Leaguer and I am stymied as to why John Stewart isn't in this. He's a great character.
                            True. However...in the case of Dr Strange's Ancient One..it's a secondary character. Does anyone really cared or knew who Tilda Swindon (outside the hierarchy thespian circle) was? No doubt great actress...Academy Award winner at that...but she's not exactly box office, if you know what I mean. Scarjo, aside from The Avengers, has not been exactly box office material either, not as a lead. China is the second largest movie market in the world. Ghost in the Shell had the potential to be even a bigger hit with an Asian lead...a Chinese actress playing the Japanese-based Motoko. Look at the movie Warcraft...a box office bomb in the States with only a $47 million take, but it's worldwide take was $433 million...which $386 million came from China alone.

But we all agree...John Stewart/GL >>>>> Cyborg....
                            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

I always thought in one of their many reboots DC should have made J'onn the Roswell alien who came to earth from Mars at a time when there was water and there was a disaster involving fire (some kind of solar flare, the explosive destruction of the celestial body that resulted in the asteroid belt?) that that desiccated the planet making it the waterless world we know (hence the fire aversion). His escape ship lost in hyperspace until it crashes in the New Mexico desert in 1948 and he is kept under wraps until he escapes and uses his shapechaning powers to blend in until the age of heroes occurs and he can come out into the open...but that's just me

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Yeah, I can't accept living Martians in my movie about Amazon Goddesses, super powerful aliens and men who dress like bats. It'd ruin the realism.

But I did say even in a fantastical universe...Mars just doesn't click.

Amazons are human-like who can blend. Krypton is far away, no light reflection, the planet would've been near invisible to our telescopes, surrounded in complete darkness. Men dressed a bats? Heck, I see that everyday on the streets...lots of strange people in the Bay Area, lol.

But Mars?

It's right here...

I don't see J'onn J'onz anywhere...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍