X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Palitoy Talking Dalek Speaks

I was rather excited to reunite with a working Palitoy talking Dalek this past month.

This toy was my first "Big boy collector mail order purchase" at the yonge age of 13, I innocently sent $25 (US!) to a classifed ad in the back of Starlog.

The next three months of waiting were nerve wracking as I largely assumed it would never come but three months later, it did arrive and was glorious.

While I did sell that one for food money in college, it sparked a life long love of collecting and getting packages.

Below is a video I've thrown together to hear him speak and as a bonus, I threw in the original commercial.

Welcome home old friend.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

haha great story and great to see the dalek talking on your video

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Watched this on the big TV last night. Fun stuff!!!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

That's super cool.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Thanks for posting this Brian. Never knew the talking Daleks existed. Though I'm not a big Dr. Who fan, I've always liked the Daleks. Picked one up on ebay.

Did some research and found out there was a third (scarce) version that was only available at Woolworths and Argos.

Here's what makes our living, blubbling lumps of hate scream:

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

I figured it was something like that. This mechanism is very similar to the one used in the vintage Star Wars Imperial Troop Transporter, which is one of my favorite vehicles from that line.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎