Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

The first THOR movie, IMHO, had just the right quota of humour to action to drama to be entertaining without crossing either the "too serious" or the "total parody" line. The whole Asgardian fish out of water bit was pretty well executed (especially in the hands of the talented Kenneth Branagh). THOR:THE DARK WORLD was decent, but teetered precariously under the weight of it's own seriousness (plus the wooden acting of Natalie Portman whom you could tell simply didn't really want to be there).

With THOR: RAGNAROK, I'm really hoping Thor can find it's footing again without crossing over into Schumacherland. I'm imagining a Thor who has temporarily lost possession (or has forcibly given up possession) of Mjolnir and is being forced to rely on his own wits and battle-savvy to make it through the film along with a Hulk who, for the first time on big or small screen, will be intelligent and cunning. I'm just hoping that this movie IS NOT Planet Hulk under the guise of a Thor movie because that would largely blow.

When I first heard the title "RAGNORAK," I was really hoping for either The Mangog or Surtur as the big bad, but at this point, I'm not sure how it's going to play out. With Dr. Strange making an appearance, I think it's a pretty good bet this is going to be one of the main stepping stones towards Infinity War.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

This has the makings of a mediocre comedy.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I withhold judgment until I see it. Marvel's record has not been spotless, but I think they have earned some trust.

The haircut thing doesn't bother me. I worried over the Cap costume in First Avengers and it was a non-issue. I worried over the Cap costume in Winter Soldier and it was a non-issue. I'm sure this will make sense for the movie... and conveniently allow them to sell a whole new line of updated Thor merchandise.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎