X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by msenger76
    i miss the old mailing list flea market days!
    Oh yeah, that was awesome. Robert Levy's list. Was it on Tuesdays or Thursdays? i'd get all the stuff I wanted to sell inventoried and carefully list each one in great detail, then jump at every post to see who had what. Good times. Long live the late 90's!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I am guilty of diverting to FB because of the mobile phone ease but for conversation? This place beats it ten to one.

hopefully when we upgrade the forums we make it even more mobile friendly.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

The quality of conversation on facebook is severely lacking, much prefer the forum for any real discussion about anything.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I do check the facebook page when the Museum goes down.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• greensavage2000
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by palitoy
            I am guilty of diverting to FB because of the mobile phone ease but for conversation? This place beats it ten to one.

I check out the Facebook page but I'm not on Facebook. I think I'm a pretty sociable guy but my lack of enthusiasm for social media might say otherwise.
            Right now I don't have internet at home. I only use my mobile phone to view and post here. I think using these forums on my phone is very convenient and easy, thanks for that by the way. I have problems with the galleries is the only problem I've experienced.
            IMHO this place is much better than the Mego Mania Facebook group but there is stuff there that doesn't get posted here. It's definitely worth checking out too.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
              Permanent Member
              • Mar 7, 2011

I don't see Facebook as a bad thing, for 1 it is incredibly user friendly, I also think it's gotten to reach more people about our little Hobby, could that be a bad thing... Maybe... I have gotten great deals off of the Market place (as recent as a couple of weeks ago) and Facebook even some great deals from shows but the Bulk of my Pickups and Scores have still been off of Evil bay/Flea Bay insert yours here lol 2 I like the notifications it sends out when you are part of a conversation, like everything it takes adjusting too but through it all we all still wind up back here daily

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                Hopefully with the next upgrade, I can stay logged in and see avatars and photos; that last one in Dec. was disastrous for me.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Speaking of marketplace, anyone got a minty Wonder Woman for sale?

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    I think we are becoming the Marx guys. The market is flooded with common figures, and as time marches on there are less and less of us actively pursuing basic figures like Spider-man, Batman, Joker etc. The less common figures are still holding strong, but lines like Trek and POTA are practically free on Ebay compared to what their value was just a few years ago. A clean, complete Thor or GA will still generate interest, but nobody really gives a ---- about Superman unless it's an early version, or end of the line rarity. Canvas shorts, vinyl capes, foreign releases - that's where it's at. They may bury you with that $40 Joker Berto.
                    I agree. It sucks cause I use to sell and find other toy lines here..not just Mego, But I guess people pay up a little more on their own pages...It was great while it lasted though
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

I think we are becoming the Marx guys. The market is flooded with common figures, and as time marches on there are less and less of us actively pursuing basic figures like Spider-man, Batman, Joker etc. The less common figures are still holding strong, but lines like Trek and POTA are practically free on Ebay compared to what their value was just a few years ago. A clean, complete Thor or GA will still generate interest, but nobody really gives a ---- about Superman unless it's an early version, or end of the line rarity. Canvas shorts, vinyl capes, foreign releases - that's where it's at. They may bury you with that $40 Joker Berto.
                      This. Sad but totally accurate.

Two big factors. The nostalgia age moved past forty years, making the community age around 50. The closer collectors get to retirement, the closer cashout is going to occur.

And the immovable object of Benbarb clones hawking half-arse repro-completes on eBay, meeting the immovable object of FTC replicas.

So, deflation. Too many goods chasing too few dollars.

I wish we could pool resources and just buy the inventory. Not to spike prices, but as a real attempt at a Museum of some kind.

Comment

• hobub
                        Ghost of a Dead Indian
                        • Jun 18, 2001

Re-Mego, bah!

eycl8mujhfhhownmv6ca.jpg

Comment

• hobub
                          Ghost of a Dead Indian
                          • Jun 18, 2001

Without Re-Mego, Mego may have one day achieved "Arcade" status.

Don't see that happening now. Thank you re-Mego, bah bah

Comment

• justzeg18
                            Career Member
                            • May 5, 2003

I don't mind the FB group, but I can say that I'm tired of hearing about AE Parker shoes...

Comment

• mikeMc6
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 24, 2012

I am one of those people guilty of abandoning this site for the ease of FB as I used to sell quite a bit on here and try to give great deals in the hopes of building relationships here and getting great deals in return. But over time like EMCE said, unless its crazy rare it wasn't selling as easily, no matter what the price I put on here Mego Museum.

It's funny how I log on for the first time in a couple months and this thread is here. Its tax refund season and everyone is flush with cash so people need to start posting stuff for sale best chance is now ha!
                              INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
                              WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• TheFateToys
                                • Oct 8, 2017

Does anyone make sell resin heads? I just started making them and would like tips trades ext. I love them all cast a way, ljn, ctvt, emce, bif bang pow, neca ext. If its 8 inches and gets naked i want them!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎