Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Trek Score!

I still have the WRATH OF KHAN set, but one of my favs was the Gorn figure, and it turned into stankin' goo. Tossed it out. :(
    SWEAR TO ME!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
    There was a string recently about underrated toys. Playmates 12 inch line was excellent for the time, and i think underrated. The breadth of characters, head sculpts and outfits were really good. The bodies were mediocre at best at the time, and poor by today's standards. But it's still a fun line. I enjoy having a bunch of them buried in boxes somewhere in my basement.
    Me too

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
    New Force Comics had a lot of Playmates exclusives including the 3 3/4" Captain Janeway. I had all the 12" inchers at one time. The Piece of the Action set are exclusives as well.
    The 12" Piece of the Action figures are very rare.. they produced 1,000 for the European market and re-used the original 12" Spock body, which was giving the Vulcan salute. Obviously this didn't really fit with the Piece of the Action themed figure, and collectors weren't too pleased.

NewForce then commissioned their exclusive for the US market, also limited to 1000. But they had Spock's hand changed to standard.

NewForce also distributed the figures so that both Kirk and Spock has matching collector numbers.. you recall how Playmates used to give each a serialized number..
    Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Mar 9, '17 at 6:44 PM.