X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael crawford
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 15, 2008

Another One:12 that I raelly like - Joker review

I reviewed the Joker yesterday from the One:12 Collection, and I really like it. No, it's not the same comic design we've seen a million times, but there are plenty of those already out there. This is, like with everything Mezco does, their own special style:

In Depth Review and Photos of the One:12 Collective Joker action figure by Mezco - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Captain Toy

• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

This is the first one I really DON'T care for...for the very reason you stated. The suit isn't garish enough...It could just as easily look good on a banker. I also don't like the fleshy appearance of the skin, especially compared to the whiteness of the arms.
    But since they've done straight up DKR comic designs, I'm hoping we'll see other comic accurate figures as well. Since they have both the DC and Hanna Barbera licenses, I'm really hoping for One:12 Superfriends. Those would sell like bananas at a monkey farm.

I have a few concerns with recent figures. I'm worried about the thin rubbery material on Daredevil's suit deteriorating with time.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

The headsculpt looks like a young fred gwynne

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I have no idea why but when I look at this I wonder why is David Tennant looking like The Joker?

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

I have to agree this one doesn't do it for me, either. I love the line, i have eight of them with a bunch on preorder. But this design doesn't ignite my nerd fire. Seems well executed, with minor nits, but they mostly all have small nits about them. I just don't like the way it looks, from either head sculpt to the well fitted suit. Easy pass. Which is good, actually.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by michael crawford
            This is, like with everything Mezco does, their own special style:
            And that's why they won't being getting any of my own special money.

And as far as there being "plenty of those out there already"? Not in this scale with cloth costume.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎