Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was your Favorite episode of Wonder Woman ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

what was your Favorite episode of Wonder Woman ?

I've been re-watching the show and a few stand out episodes for me.
    Every Wonder Girl episode was special to me. It's a shame she was never in season 2 or 3. I guess Debra Winger was too big of a star by that point.

Wonder Woman in Hollywood.

Amazon Hot Wax

"The Deadly Sting"

"The Nazi Wonder Woman"
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Winger was charming, I really prefer season 1 in general. I particularly like the ones with Fausta, Paula von Gunther. The ones with Saxon/Jones and Persoff stand out too.

In later seasons, I like Formicida a lot and also Mariposa.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 4, '17, 11:32 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

It would have been nice to have seen Dr. Psycho or a proper Giganta. Cagliostro wasn't too bad, they left it open for him to reappear.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

I like the late season eps where they've gone full 70's like the disco record label ep. I also like the glom effect from other trends. The robots and the Flipper ep always stand out.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by hedrap
          I like the late season eps where they've gone full 70's like the disco record label ep. I also like the glom effect from other trends. The robots and the Flipper ep always stand out.
          Yeah record label episode bothered me years ago because the producers had Kiss like makeup on, and why would behind the scenes guys need showmanship and stage theatrics? But after re-watching it they were a band and were helping out with the label and not just mixers. Maybe I'm trying to hard to defend the logic of Wonder Woman.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I always laugh at Debra Wingers transformation "spin". She has no balance whatsoever and looks like she's drunk.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

She's an awkward teenager lol. (But it is funny!)

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I picked the season 1 set. Quite affordably I might add.
                https://m.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Woman-The-Complete-First-Season-DVD-/112535221051?txnId=1730998687001
                Last edited by Mr.Marion; Nov 7, '17, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

The thing that bothered me about Smallville was the whole "no tights, no flights" policy, and apparently I was not alone because it gradually changed. Cyclops line to Wolverine in XMen about yellow spandex was funny, but I did not like that the villains in Flash, except Trickster, walked around in black trenchcoats, which is probably why that show failed. I like my yellow spandex, I like my suspension of disbelief. That is why the Winger episodes would be my favorites, Bright flashy costumes are what made superheroes great and the morons in Hollywood are too stupid to see that.

CCC.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Of the 40s eps, I liked "Wonder Woman vs. Gargantua". Of the 70s eps, both eps w/ Rick Springfield "Screaming Javelins" and "Amazon Hot Wax". I also like "Formicida" featuring Shields and Yarnell.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

Hands down, anything Wondergirl, or with Paradise Island in it, IMO.
                      However, when I was a kid, I remember liking "The Girl from Ilandia" and Amadonna's power scenes with Wonder Woman. I think they were truncated when the Sci-Fi channel aired them, so I was happy to see the full scenes again when the DVD set was released (I'm sure they were full scenes in the Time-Life releases, as well). I appreciated seeing Amadonna showing up again in the '77 WW &Bionic Woman comic series, and having gone to live on Paradise Island. So cool: That cross-over comic series truly highlighted many nods to the TV series' original WW characters.
                      Last edited by comicmike; Nov 8, '17, 1:57 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

The "Spaced Out" episode because of all the Logan's Run references.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I still prefer Season 1. The show is still fun to watch afterwards, but you could honestly have swapped scripts with the Bionic Woman and no one would have blinked, especially by the end.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

So true.

I like a few '70s episodes--Screaming Javelins, Gault's Brain, and especially Formicida. Henry Gibson is a hilarious Batman '66 megalomaniac in Javelins.

But season one was gold. Carter was a bit more vivacious and more rounded--physically and in characterization lol--in those episodes.
                            Better wigs, too. I loved the first-season episode with Paula von Gunther, I wish she had returned.

Comment

• bleit1701
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 1, 2009

The Feminum Mystique. A two parter with Amazons, Nazis and Wondergirl. What's not to like.
                              Better late than never.....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎