Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

So FTC no longer does pre-orders and new figures will just show up in stock for now on...interesting

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

I ordered Batman wave 5 ( set of 4) , 2 Space Ghosts, Flash, Revers Flash and
      Trickster $ 270.00 with free shipping (9 figures). I will get Capt Boomerang, Billy Batson,
      and Barry Allen on the next order and maybe Jan and Jace
      Last edited by wise guy; Mar 6, '17, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Wow, really wish they'd space things out a little more rather than the big dumps of multiple waves at once. Real mixed bag here, but some really good stuff.

Flash wave: Boomerbutt and Trickster are real standouts for me. The head sculpts are VERY good; Boomerang is perfect, and, is it just me, or is anyone else getting just a little Mark Hamill vibe from Trickster? Both look in good scale. Only minus I see is the weirdness on Boomerangs boots; throws off an otherwise amazing figure. Flash and Zoom look good, not unexpectedly so, and I really have no problem with using the same head for both; they are pretty well identical in most of their Bronze age appearances. The turtleneck looks really odd, though; I can see them wanting to keep the neck plug from showing, but it does break up the costume in a bad way. And while I'm not crazy about the trunks look on the figures, I realize the reason. The only way to make the costume one piece from chest to boots would be a seam on both sides, which bulks up the figure in a front view, especially the legs. You can manage it with a back seam, but it would be very hard to do in mass production, especially with the need to screen-print the belt. The only other way I could see is to make a waist seam and use a plastic lightning belt, and I'm not sure how good that would look here. Barry is the weak link here; simply re-using the Bruce head with a slightly modified hair sculpt isn't working at all. It bears no resemblance to the Flash figure at all, and looks like a poor custom. The suit is appropriate to the Silver Age Barry, and looks to be taken straight from an old Infantino drawing, but I really think a lab coat would have been better here (they have one from Lex) along with the shirt and bow tie. Looks too much like a blonde Jimmy Olsen here. I'm actually skipping this one.

Batman: All except Ivy are good to great. Two-Face is one of the two stars, with a great head sculpt and costume that really captures the Bronze age look (I miss the green faced Harvey that wasn't going strictly for a gross-out factor like the modern versions). Would have liked a distinct hand holding the coin, but wasn't expecting such here. Catwoman looks good, but I'm certain she's using the same head we saw on the recent black suited version, and it has some bizarre problems I delineated in a quick review of that earlier figure. Batgirl is good. but still has that deer in the headlights look. Ivy is just full of bad choices; very good chance she's another pass.

Space Ghost: Man, I want this figure. Considered the 1:12 Collective version, but I'm doubtful we'll get anyone other than him there. Here; we've got the main team, Blip included. But that head looks awful, both in size, the apparent upward tilt, and the way it just sort of sets on the neck hole awkwardly. And the boots are totally wrong and unecessary. The way he's put together (just like I mentioned for Flash above), there's no reason not to simply have the legs end at the toes for a pretty dead on accurate look. Not crazy about the teen female body, but Jan and Jace actually look pretty good, as does Blip. I'm imagining that Sg's legs do end like the standard super hero pants in a closed toe, but I'm not pulling the trigger on these until I'm sure of that. If I can toss the boots, I probably will get him; if not, the set's a very likely pass.

Universe of Evil: I do want these, but they'll probably have to wait until the next paycheck. The upcoming red Batmobile was a clincher for me, as someone suggested it would look great with the Diabolical Duo. This is a good way of doing a straight out re-do but in a way that actually gives you new, distinct characters. I like these a lot; it was a knock off of Trek's "Mirror,mirror," but it was one of the only two good episodes in that season of mostly poorly done knock-offs (I don't think there was a single show that season with anything remotely resembling an original story; they were all blatant rip-offs).

Billy Batson: Pretty much dead on to a CC Beck Billy, but somehow it just doesn't seem to work well here. Not really sure how FTC could do any better if they want to keep the likeness true, though. Just not something that seems to work well in Mego format.

So, in the end, most of it I'll probably be getting, but not all right away. Might miss something like the Universe of Evil by waiting, but figure that means it wasn't meant to be. I just wish there was more consistency with FTC product; some looks amazing, and some is just plain bad. Quality is all over the place (as is head size STILL).

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

My main comment on the Billy Batson figure is the bagginess of the clothes.

And I was hoping they would have rolled out a red and gold variant of Captain Marvel to go with him and to match the blue/gold/red caped variant CM Jr and white/gold Mary Marvel.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I used the red and gold suit from mattel

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by jeffbearco
              My main comment on the Billy Batson figure is the bagginess of the clothes.

And I was hoping they would have rolled out a red and gold variant of Captain Marvel to go with him and to match the blue/gold/red caped variant CM Jr and white/gold Mary Marvel.

JeffBearCO
              I was thinking the same thing. It seems as if they decided not to release a full Shazam! wave 2 and are rolling figures out slowly. Going forward, gold Cap and a Black Adam are probable, and Tawky Tawny and a Wizard Shazam aren't possibly out of the question at some point.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I'd love a Talky Tawny! Actually all 3 of the ones you just mentioned would be GREAT additions.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Marvelous Shazam Characters! Don't forget Uncle Dudley in his Shazam costume!

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                    Marvelous Shazam Characters! Don't forget Uncle Dudley in his Shazam costume!
                    Mego's Wizard of Oz Wizard would make a great Uncle Dudley!

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

^I'm in! Make it so, FTC!

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 18, 2015

The Space Ghost line won't be complete until they add Zorak and Moltar.
                        The hands that grip.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                          The Space Ghost line won't be complete until they add Zorak and Moltar.
                          Want the villains, want to forget that show. Like nails raking across a chalk board for an old time Space Ghost fan. Moltar seems a very real possibility, but Zorak would require a whole new set of tooling with little to no re-use (the design was used in Super Friends, but those space bug invaders were a LOT smaller). A list of some of the baddies over the years is here: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/space-...43703/enemies/
                          A lot of those look possible in the Mego style, and we've already got the makings for Space Specter in Space Ghost himself.

Comment

• Figure8
                            Museum Patron
                            • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by rodkeith
                            I was thinking the same thing. It seems as if they decided not to release a full Shazam! wave 2 and are rolling figures out slowly. Going forward, gold Cap and a Black Adam are probable, and Tawky Tawny and a Wizard Shazam aren't possibly out of the question at some point.
                            I know it's not going to happen, but I'd actually vote for a few members of the Squadron of Justice like Spy Smasher and, of course, Mr Scarlet and Pinky!

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Just spoke with FTC by phone. Many of the new figures posted on their 'Shipping now" did not come in on the truck as promised. They are expecting them later this week. So if you're looking for a shipping notice (on those figures) and haven't gotten one yet, that is why.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Also, BBTS has all of the new figures up for Pre-Order.

It may not be as big a deal now with FTC offering free shipping on orders of $100 or more, but for those that use the Pile of Loot, it might still be enticing to order these from BBTS.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎