Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I always wait to get figures until they're in bags, but I had to get Trickster and Captain Boomerang. Those have been my top 2 wanted figures for s long time.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Goblin19
      I always wait to get figures until they're in bags, but I had to get Trickster and Captain Boomerang. Those have been my top 2 wanted figures for s long time.
      I like those two a lot and style wise they'd slide right into the Batman 66 group I have.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

WOW! Ok.....

On The Flash Series... Trickster doesn't look right to me. When I think of the Trickster I think of either this:
        https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Flash_113.jpg
        or the Mark Hamill version. Head looks ok, but the costume is throwing it off for me. Pass.
        Boomerang looks cool, and is a maybe ( although I'd fix the boots to look like this
        https://babblingsaboutdccomics4.file.../09/bat_32.png and the gloves)
        and Reverse Flash is ok.
        The Flash...looks ok, but The Mattel Retro version's suit to me is better.
        Don't know, but at this point I'll wait until they hit bagged, $30 is just too much for an impulse buy...
        ( I do however WANT the blonde Bruce Wayne head!! That head would be perfect for an Alan Scott GL custom!)

Batman Series 5: only one I want is Catwoman. The pics look good ( I HATE their new sew on capes
        that they started with Mary Marvel), but with Batgirl '66 HEADGATE still fresh in my mind, I'll wait for this one
        loose bagged. Pass on all others....

Space Ghost Line: I'd remove the boots, not necessary, kind of the opposite of Mego Wonder Woman
        ( who did need boots even though Silk Screened ones where on her costume, Space Ghost
        actually works without the boots). Jace doesn't look right, maybe its just my aversion to the teen body/ teen suits.
        Jan would have been better with all rooted hair, but maybe they can't trust their factory to get the style right?
        At least it's not ALL sculpted? And She's on the WonderGirl Straight arm body which I REALLY HATE...pass for now on the kids,
        wait until loose bagged for Space Ghost.

Evil Super Friends. Pass. Just was never a fan.

Shazam Billy Batson: I'll pick up the outfit and use it for a custom Billy with the Black Haired Aqualad Head.
        That Billy would fit in with OEM Mego Shazam, which is the only Shazam I'll ever own. It looks ok, just doesn't fit
        in with my Megos.

Now just waiting on prices for the Batmobiles and BatCycles!!
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by powersthatbe
          that barry allen figure looks like johnny thunder.
          On Second look, Your Right!!!
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

My 2-cents.
            I tend to avoid variants whenever possible that are simply recolored offerings from existing items, this goes from all types of toys, big and small, to comics , etc. I'm less interested in buying FTC product that is already assembled or kitbashed because anyone can make it. I can appreciate that others don't mind, after all you get the themed card art and what not. If money and space constraints wasn't an object then I probably wouldn't feel that way.
            The Batman 1989 figure was something I've already made a number of years ago so that's a variant pass. Offer me an Emerald City Riddler-like variant with a new head and costume and I'm all in every time.
            The Batman wave 5 looks nice. From the picture I don't even mind the Poison Ivy face others are unhappy with. I'm confused as to why the hair color looks brown rather than red, but I think I can fix it with dye later on. Overall, I think the Batman wave is quite an improvement over the prior one.
            I intend to buy all the Space Ghost stuff. Like others have noted the boots on SG don't look right. I wonder if the black area around the neck can be fixed with a white fabric pull? I haven't seen anyone comment about how Jace's pants leg are a major faux pas. Hopefully they can be pulled down to the boot and tucked in. Bad product image. I've seen loose pictures of Jace and Jan and the short material wasn't an issue because the fabric was sewn shut at the feet.
            The Flash wave looks good, but the Flash looks like a reissued and ungloved Super Powers figure that I already have. So I would skip on buying all 4--I mean all 5 figures, and just stick with getting 2 or 3. I made my own Reverse Flash years ago, which doesn't rule out I'd make another, but, again, I'd be buying a $30 figure that is simply a repainted Flash head with different colored parts. Too bad the villain doesn't have an evil scowl or different head sculpt. The Barry Allen figure is a pass for me because it's an example of a re-purposed Bruce Wayne head, which doesn't mean I would never make one like that, just it's not worth $30 to me unless there's a NEW head sculpt. I could do craft work like that myself for way cheaper. Billy Batson looks weird to me, but I imagine if it were on the tiny Teen Titan body it'd look fine. As for the doppelganger Super Friends, I most likely wouldn't buy unless there was a cheap fire sale. I'm caught up with FTC product save for what has been discussed within this thread and the Scooby & Jonny Quest stuff so going forward it already feels like catching up will be a financial challenge. Plus add the awesome Batmobiles and Batcycles and my budget for toys cuts deep.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

looking forward to getting a lot of these ,as i stated i bought batman series #5 .two face looks really good ,cant see but i think its got a coin .Poison ivy
              is nice ,but cathrine bach never played her ,and since it is daisy duke head ,its like catherine is playing the jolly green giants girlfriend rather then poison
              ivy cause her hair doesnt appear to be red .I like space ghost ,and ill get the kids with yet another space monkey .catwomen & batgirl look rather nice .
              i still like everything.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Wow! Great stuff...I need more money!
                sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Space Ghost looks great except he's got a 1/6 scale head. Otherwise he'd be awesome. Major disappointment there.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I know it says 8-inch action figure, but you can't really tell if Billy Batson is 8 inch or 7 inch. I have a feeling that he will come on the 7-inch body.

Wendy & Marvin were also touted as 8-inch figures, but shipped on 7-inch bodies.
                    Last edited by TRDouble; Mar 5, '17, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

Just ordered:

Teen Titans Robin
                      Fred, Daphne, and Shaggy
                      Batgirl, Catwoman, and Two Face
                      Billy Batson
                      Space Ghost

9 figures came to $270 free shipping

Will get other January and March figures later. These are main ones I wanted that I had money for.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tllgn
                        looking forward to getting a lot of these ,as i stated i bought batman series #5 .two face looks really good ,cant see but i think its got a coin .Poison ivy
                        is nice ,but cathrine bach never played her ,and since it is daisy duke head ,its like catherine is playing the jolly green giants girlfriend rather then poison
                        ivy cause her hair doesnt appear to be red .I like space ghost ,and ill get the kids with yet another space monkey .catwomen & batgirl look rather nice .
                        i still like everything.
                        still wondering how they get around using a celebrity likeness for different character. I mean it sorta looks like Catherine Bach, and it was intended to be her.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

Daphne, Wendy, Batgirl, Catwoman, Jan get NEW head sculpts but not Poison Ivy? Catherine Bach is Daisy Duke not Poison Ivy.

Anxious to see how new Wonder Woman wave heads turn out- WW, Diana Prince, Silver Swan, and Cheetah who is pictured on back of most recent DC 2 packs. And Donna Troy Wonder Girl in New Teen Titans 2.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

With the release of the Barry Allen figure, I'm hoping they will consider a Removable Cowl Flash in the future. I have a custom Flash cowl, now all I need is Barry Allen and an extra Flash costume and I'm good to go.

So many great things I want to buy right now. All these lines look great. The Evil Super Friends is definitely a must. I intend to get all three colors of the Batcycle. The red one would work for either the Evil Super Friends, Robin with a custom R emblem, or the Filmation toons. For the Batmobile, I would get the black and blue one.

I had no idea they made Billy Batson. Oddly enough, I was thinking a couple of days ago, that they should make him and SHAZAM!! There he is.
                            I intend to get the Scooby Doo wave, but I want to wait until Velma and Scooby Doo come out.

Batman Wave 5 looks awesome as does the Flash wave 1.

I hope FTC considers doing an Aquaman wave when the movie comes out next year, like a new head sculpt of Aquaman in the classic orange and green costume, and having figures of Mera, Black Manta, and Ocean Master,.

And for the Super Friends, I hope they make Hawkman and the remaining Legion of Doom villains, and Wonder Dog.

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

You pretty much nailed my opinions and wish list.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by TRDouble
                                I know it says 8-inch action figure, but you can't really tell if Billy Batson is 8 inch or 7 inch. I have a feeling that he will come on the 7-inch body.

Wendy & Marvin were also touted as 8-inch figures, but shipped on 7-inch bodies.
                                I definitely hope you're right. They have to realize Billy should be on the 7inch.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎