X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Your pal, Jim
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 3, 2015

My thoughts:

Two-Face is perfect, man. I do wish they could make ties look like ties, with a knot, but still.

Catwoman is also fantastic. Like TRDouble says above, the purple is a little light, but it's still a great figure.

Poison Ivy is better than expected after all the complaints. Her top keeps pulling down, though ( :heybaby: ), and her leaf tiara needed to be tucked under her hair to stay on.

Batgirl is nice, though her sleeves and pant legs needed some tucking thanks to the molded glove forearms and the bizarre boot choice.

Reverse-Flash was one I was really looking forward to, loved that character as a kid. And he's great. His head's paintjob looks and feels a bit off, the yellow color is a shade wrong, and his ear-wings are painted pretty sloppy. I'm guessing he's just a red Flash head painted over. His boots are great, which makes me guess the new Flash has yellow paint over red boots.

Captain Boomerang (no boomerang included) is fine, but of course the boots are an odd choice (and the fabric is sewn to the boots at the bottom). His hat is also fabric instead of molded plastic, and there's zero chance it will ever stay on.

Trickster is fine, though his costume is stuffed pretty hard into his little boots.

Space Ghost is better than expected, but still. His problems (and some potential solutions) are well documented elsewhere. Sucks that FTC couldn't get those things fixed before release, but again, it's not as bad as I had thought.

So I'm pretty pleased with these. I'm rooting for FTC, though I don't think they're above criticism. The price is right, and I prefer the cheesy "What Would Mego Have Done?" approach as opposed to modern, grumpy looking figures like the One:12 Collective stuff.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Thank you for the open pictures. Batgirl looks better open and adjusted.

Even Space Ghost looks okay. Not great, but okay. At least he is fixable.

And I am jealous that you already have the JLA Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Those are super-nice figures. Thank you so much for posting pics. I think I'll have to get the other Flash villains. The quality looks really good there.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
          Museum Patron
          • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by TRDouble

And I am jealous that you already have the JLA Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1.
          Hahaha! I definitely snuck that in there on purpose to see if anyone was interested.

I'm a big fan of http://www.instocktrades.com/ . Great prices and excellent packaging. They're a sister store of Tales Of Wonder & Discount Comic Book Service.

IST only sells stuff once it's in stock, they don't take preorders. TOW is great too, but IST is a bit cheaper... though you risk stuff selling out because you can't preorder.

In this example, they have the Bronze Age JLA for $49.99 this week. It went up for order on Tuesday and they got it to me on Friday for $4 bucks shipping (shipping would have been free if the book had been but one penny more!). Their packaging cannot be beat, the books arrive immaculately.

It's a great book, by the way. DC seems to maybe finally have the hang of this whole collecting-comic-books-in-a-hardcover thing. Great reproduction, full covers before each issue, and it was solicited as having issues #77-113... and it actually came out with those issues! Omnibus is not my favorite format, but I love these issues and they're oversized. The recent Bronze Age Brave And The Bold Omnibus was also great, and had the Neal Adams issues un-retouched and with the original coloring.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

I am happy that some opinions are swaying to the positive side.
            I have no affiliation with FTC besides visiting the wharehouse twice now.
            I root for their success to give us the things we are fond of in our old age, lol.
            Thanks for posting those great shots
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
              Hahaha! I definitely snuck that in there on purpose to see if anyone was interested.

I'm a big fan of http://www.instocktrades.com/ . Great prices and excellent packaging. They're a sister store of Tales Of Wonder & Discount Comic Book Service.

IST only sells stuff once it's in stock, they don't take preorders. TOW is great too, but IST is a bit cheaper... though you risk stuff selling out because you can't preorder.

In this example, they have the Bronze Age JLA for $49.99 this week. It went up for order on Tuesday and they got it to me on Friday for $4 bucks shipping (shipping would have been free if the book had been but one penny more!). Their packaging cannot be beat, the books arrive immaculately.

It's a great book, by the way. DC seems to maybe finally have the hang of this whole collecting-comic-books-in-a-hardcover thing. Great reproduction, full covers before each issue, and it was solicited as having issues #77-113... and it actually came out with those issues! Omnibus is not my favorite format, but I love these issues and they're oversized. The recent Bronze Age Brave And The Bold Omnibus was also great, and had the Neal Adams issues un-retouched and with the original coloring.
              I usually go between In Stock Trades (or the DCBS website) and Amazon.com. I always pre-order my books from Amazon.com and I usually try to keep an eye on IST near the release date and if the price is comparable, I order through IST and cancel my Amazon order. I've been so busy that I forgot to even check the releases this month and it will be here on Tuesday from Amazon now.

The Brave and The Bold Omnibus is on my shelf... a long with a bunch of others that I need to find time to read. That's my goal this summer -- sit on the porch, dog by my side, reading Omnibuses! Just another reminder of a very cool era in Super-Heroes, along with the FTC figures.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                Yeah Reverse Flash has proper belt placement. Flash does not.
                That's not true in my case: the Flash Series 1 figure I received has a noticeably lower belt placement when compared to the earlier releases (Super Powers, Retro Mego card, Kresge card). I'm at work now, but I'll try to post a pic later.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with both Flash Series 1 and Batman series 5. There were a few cases where an accessory would've been appreciated (Captain Boomerang should've come with a boomerang, Catwoman could've used a whip, Two-Face needs a coin), but the costumes are great for the most part. The Barry Allen figure, while using a recycled Bruce Wayne head, has a nice suit that includes a vest underneath the jacket. And Billy Batson is perfect IMO.

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

As promised: here's a pic of a previously released FTC Flash figure next to the Series 1 copy. The belt placement is definitely lower, sitting right where it should:

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I haven't been following along... Is that the Super Powers Flash on the left? I like his boots better. Did he originally ship with red hands? The prototype and catalog photo show flesh toned hands.

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                      I haven't been following along... Is that the Super Powers Flash on the left? I like his boots better. Did he originally ship with red hands? The prototype and catalog photo show flesh toned hands.
                      The one on the left (with the Mego-style hero boots) is the Replica Mego-like carded version:

The Replica Kresge and Super Powers versions (which I also own) have flesh hands and molded red gloves.

Comment

• Figure8
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 18, 2016

I may be wrong, but I think the Flash on the right (from Flash Series 1) is wearing not only the Super Friends boots and hands but also the SF suit. That's why the belt is in the correct place I guess. That suit is also quite baggy in the waist.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Figure8
                          I may be wrong, but I think the Flash on the right (from Flash Series 1) is wearing not only the Super Friends boots and hands but also the SF suit. That's why the belt is in the correct place I guess. That suit is also quite baggy in the waist.
                          The suit on the right one looks like if it were snugged up like the other it would be the same.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figure8
                            Museum Patron
                            • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            The suit on the right one looks like if it were snugged up like the other it would be the same.
                            Of course they're very similar. But compare the turtle necks, I think those are quite different. I'm pretty sure the Flash on the right is wearing the SF suit.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Given that picture, I'll definitely have to get the Flash from Series 1. He looks GREAT to me with the proper belt placement!

That opens my wallet to what will probably be a growing number of Flash Villains!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Figure8
                                Of course they're very similar. But compare the turtle necks, I think those are quite different. I'm pretty sure the Flash on the right is wearing the SF suit.
                                Looks like the same suit sewn differently. it has the same collar, its just sitting differently. Looks like the Flash is wearing a maternity jumper.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎