X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

Inhumans Casting...

First two episodes will will premiere exclusively in IMAX® Theaters for a two-week window in September 2017, prior to the 8-episode network run.

Black Bolt = Anson Mount
    Medusa = Serinda Swan
    Karnak = Ken Leung
    Gorgon = Eme Ikwuakor
    Triton = Mike Moh
    Crystal = Isabelle Cornish
    Lockjaw = Himself
    Auran = Sonya Balmores
    Maximus = Iwan Rheon
    Unknown = Ellen Woglom

Article Link: https://news.marvel.com/tv/60875/rem...-inhumans-abc/
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Iwan Rheon will play Maximus? Brilliant casting!

He played Ramsey Snow in Game of Thrones. The most villainous character I've ever seen on a TV show...

Now I wanna see this!

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Wonder if this is going to tie in to the less than exciting Inhumans storyline on AOS, or if its going to ignore that continuity.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Serinda Swan already played a super hero. She was a great Zatanna on several episodes of Smallville.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

This really is a just a big TV project. Color me surprised,

I thought that was only a FOX/FF workaround and Vin would still end up as Black Bolt. The backstory will get out at some point. Marvel has so many options for projects, I'm wondering if this was a race to beat FOX. Inhumans were perfect fodder to backdoor intro a new FF to the Xverse.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Wonder if this is going to tie in to the less than exciting Inhumans storyline on AOS, or if its going to ignore that continuity.

Not sure. Reading the article they're using most of the executive producers from the different Netflix series. Looks like they're ignoring Whedon.

Comment

• WannabeMego
              Made in the USA
              • May 2, 2003

Group Picture...

Article Link: http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/marvel-inhumans-photo-abc/

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                I loved Anson Mount in Hell on Wheels and thought he would've been pretty much perfect to play an rougher hewn version of The Batman, but seeing him as Black Bolt----just not sure. I guess Black Bolt is on of those characters who is so totally recognized by his cowl/tuning fork, that seeing him here, without (really) any of the identifying markers that say Black Bolt is kind of a let down. His outfit, to me, doesn't really say "Black Bolt," more like motorcycle stunt driver.

Medusa looks a little "meh" as well. For an Inhuman whose Inhuman ability is hair that can go all medieval on your arse, her tresses in this shot are a little---lifeless? Plus, she's looking a little constipated in that picture; perhaps they're not eating enough fiber in Attilan?

Leather and long coats have become the new tights and capes I guess, but I sure am growing tired of all the TV super people looking like they went and rummaged through Professor Xavier's closet or got outfitted in the Matrix. It seems the general public will only accept superheroes if they are boiled down to a lowest common denominator and are not allowed to look too much like their comics counterparts and that trend, unfortunately, is backlashing into comics as you have less and less characters in the outfits that those of us who loved and fed the comics industry as kids (and even young adults) are accustomed to seeing them in.

I dunno, between this, Cloak and Dagger and Runaways, perhaps I'm just of the mind that MARVEL is quickly reaching a saturation point and their very success may be the lynchpin that brings it all crashing to the ground...
                Last edited by emeraldknight47; May 4, '17, 12:46 PM.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Crystal and Medusa are the only ones easily identifiable. The rest look like extras for a Singer XMen movie
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

When were the Inhumans on Smallville?

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I never got why the inhumans wore masks in the first place, so this works for me.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Cuz Kirby.

Honestly, you're right. It didn't make any sense. This actually doesn't look bad, but I think they could have went more "OUT THERE" with them.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                            8 Inch Action Figure
                            • Nov 15, 2005

^^ Yeah, that was my second thought -- they're not weird enough.

My first thought was "Cool! Black Bolt has his zigzaggy things on the front of his jacket!"

Comment

• WannabeMego
                              Made in the USA
                              • May 2, 2003

Teaser Trailer:

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎