X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Logan

I just caught the 7pm IMAX screening. No spoilers here, but I really liked it. It's not your Daddy's Wolverine movie.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

That was quite amazing.

You could see how that at some point, spinoffs or sequels were laced into the story but they got shelved when Hugh opted out of a new deal.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

It was very good. Definitely the most poignant super hero movie I've seen.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Truly moving at times, and a real nail biter. Went in a few directions I did not see coming, which is rare in modern action films. The girl was fantastic. And Jackman and Stewart gave perhaps their best performances as Logan and Xavier. A great send-off for both...if they don't come back to the roles at some point.

I was shocked by the number of people who brought their young kids. I had my 15 year old with me, but I know he's fine with that stuff...and I took him to Deadpool last year. These were LITTLE kids. 6 to 9 or so. I wouldn't take my nine year-old to ANY rated R film. This movie EARNS that rating many times over.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• WannabeMego
          Made in the USA
          • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I was shocked by the number of people who brought their young kids. I had my 15 year old with me, but I know he's fine with that stuff...and I took him to Deadpool last year. These were LITTLE kids. 6 to 9 or so. I wouldn't take my nine year-old to ANY rated R film. This movie EARNS that rating many times over.
          Chris...same with our viewing...I had a 7, 9, & 11 year old sitting next to me and my son...and some of the scenes made them jump back in their seats...I just don't get how certain parents are OK with this.

Not to mention they were talking throughout the Film (especially during the serious scenes) and really ****ing people off.
          Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

The language was sodium, but the violence was no worse than what's on Walking Dead. 'Dead is actually worse most weeks.

I get the complaint, but when the culture shrugged at cable smashing the "no R-rated features before 9" rule, to where genre R is shown at any time, every day....

Do you know how to avoid kids at R movies? Go when school is in.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
              The language was sodium, but the violence was no worse than what's on Walking Dead. 'Dead is actually worse most weeks.

I get the complaint, but when the culture shrugged at cable smashing the "no R-rated features before 9" rule, to where genre R is shown at any time, every day....

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I think, to an extent, kids these days, once they reach probably eight or nine, have likely already been exposed to "sodium" language (good one there, hedrap) and the video games they play, unless tightly controlled by parents, probably have similar levels of violence.

Does that mean their parents should be bringing them into a movie which, time and again, the critics have cited for language and violence? Probably not, but some people can't see past the end of their own nose and put their own wants ahead of what might me best for their especially young children.

The other hazard of bringing youngsters into a movie like this is the fact that some children have never been taught the differences between being in a movie theater where you should be respectful of the other people around them who've put down good money to watch a film and their own living room/den where they can talk and text and make as much noise as they want to.

Hedrap's got another piece of winning advice when he says go when the kiddies are in school. Best time to go if you want a distraction-free viewing (unless, of course, you've got idiot adults in the theater who behave exactly like their kids would).
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

^I agree with all of that. I wasn't excusing behavior. You shouldn't bring a kid to any movie who thinks it's just a large TV room.

Hey, I'll never forget the maybe 11 y/o kid who bolted for the arcade....because his dad brought him to Event Horizon. Before the lights went down I knew he was in deep trouble.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

The Batman '66 television show was about as "sodium"' as you can get. That's half the lyrics in the theme song!

"Na-Na-Na-Na-Na....."

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

.....booooo.....

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

........rimshot.......
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Saw it last night...Logan (and Jackman) was awesome. The little girl/X-23 was fantastic. And if Patrick Stewart doesn't get nominated for an Oscar next year...the Academy should just burn to the ground, that was a performance for the ages.

Logan is already up there with Superman 78, The Dark Knight, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Deadpool...as my top five comic book superhero movies of all times.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

The kids didn't bother me and didn't make noise, but as a father, it slightly disgusted me that their parents were that irresponsible. I don't think kids that age should be watching The Walking Dead either. Everyone's mileage varies, but c'mon.

And if Patrick Stewart doesn't get nominated for an Oscar next year...the Academy should just burn to the ground, that was a performance for the ages.
                          I was thinking the same thing. It probably won't happen, but it should.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

He won't get nominated, but he is truly great in it.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

If this wasn't a superhero movie, they'd both get nominated.
                              Excellent movie, very raw, and yes, emotional.
                              I can't say I "loved it", because at times it's just too heartbreaking. I always have a hard time when my heroes suffer.

Personally, I could have done with a little less violence and a little more dialogue. I mean, there so much these characters can say to each other in these circumstances. But true, the action shows Logan not holding back, a real berserker. Glad they didn't go for a kiddie movie. Because it isn't.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎