X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Entex Space Invader

If i had even minimum wage for every hour i played this in 1981, I'd likely have a paid for home right now.

PS Holy cow this was expensive.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

You would think it's expensive but it seems EVERYTHING electronic related was expensive back then.

Video tapes were like $75.00 per movie

Most chain store home stereos were at least $300.00 on up.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Video game prices have stayed relatively stable for the past 40 years it seems. The technology and the delivery have changed, but the actual prices are very similar based on things you've posted here. It's just those prices were MUCH more expensive compared to everything else when we were kids!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

I logged some quality time on this game. I didn't own it, but I sure wished that I did, back in the day.

Entex also made the ridiculously rare Adventurevision tabletop video arcade...

1982 Sears Wishbook p637 - Vectrex & Adventure Vision.jpg

We went to Sears to get one, and they didn't have any in stock...so we settled for a Vectrex instead.

In the end, the Vectrex turned out to be a far better game system - though a working Adventurevision will fetch thousands of dollars on eBay nowadays.

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

They left the "s" off so it's totally not copyright infringement. I'm guessing that wouldn't fly today.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I'll be honest i just realized right now that it wasn't licensed.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Allie Fox
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 1, 2009

Adjusted for inflation that would be about 95 clams in today's money. I think this thing came out in about 1981. I bought one a few years ago for about 30 bucks and it works like a charm. After about 10 minutes though. . .
              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I had a hand held Space Invader game, but it looked slightly different than that and god knows I would recognize it the amount of time I played it. I think I played it non-stop on on the 6 hour drive to visit grandparents on one of our family vacation trips, just sitting in the back seat shooting aliens anf killing the batteries before we ever got to the grandparents place.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Had and loved that handheld as a kid.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Entex had my number too, but my addiction was Galaxian.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Still have it BTW.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                        Entex had my number too, but my addiction was Galaxian.
                        Technically a clone and not really an official release. Notice the Galaxian2 logo looks different from the official Galaxian arcade logo? No where on it's box or the unit itself does it mention the actual arcade game or being used under license from Namco or Midway.

Now, Coleco did make an officially licensed Galaxian hand held.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎