Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I really like the British Infantryman and Marine Paratrooper, looks like I'll be digging into the ole wallet.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like these, hopefully the flocking is durable.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Nice marriage of the two concepts. The price is steep, but the idea is fun.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Saw this on Facebook this morning and thought it was awesome. But molded hair and a chest pack would've been sweet. They should've used the SJ head sculpt too.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

That's kind of bad ***.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

The Darkon-Gor in particular is cool. 12 Inch GI Joe had such a lack of villains to fight. For me, the villains were usually the knock off products out there at the time, an old Marx figure or the Ken dolls the girl next door would bring over.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I think I'm smitten with these because for years, Super Joe has been that era that isn't mentioned. it's barely a foot note in most GI Joe books, they treat it like a drunk uncle.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I think I'm smitten with these because for years, Super Joe has been that era that isn't mentioned. it's barely a foot note in most GI Joe books, they treat it like a drunk uncle.
                  Yeah Super Joe is kind of the Scrappy Doo of the GI Joe world.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                    Yeah Super Joe is kind of the Scrappy Doo of the GI Joe world.
                    Which is a shame. It was such a great line. This line definitely wins Best Use Of A Light Bulb. Such a little thing but added such cool features.
                    These new 12inchers are a cool idea but not for me. Now 9 or 8inch reproductions that aren't 70 plus dollars, I would be all in. Still cool to see though.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

I loved Super Joe. I would have liked to see Hasbro re-use all the Super Joe accessories and Power Vests for an Iron Man figure, maybe even a whole Avengers line. The simple light bulb and power pack concept seems high-tech compared to any action figure features in use today.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Pretty darn neat! Looks like they really took care with these. Though, I have to say that I'm not too familiar with Super Joe.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

They look good but not enough to bite the bait. The truth is that these are very easy to do custom figures and for half the price...

An 8"-9" series of Super Joe re-releases would have been another whole different story. And that's being said by a GI Joe Club member...

I will not renew membership this year!

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                            They look good but not enough to bite the bait. The truth is that these are very easy to do custom figures and for half the price...

An 8"-9" series of Super Joe re-releases would have been another whole different story. And that's being said by a GI Joe Club member...

I will not renew membership this year!
                            I agree they are probably cheaper to make yourself...Having seen what they look like now, I'd rather make a couple using vintage joe figures...If this commander had come with the light up chest pack I might have bitten, but as is no....
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

It's possible to kitbash some very nice 12" Super-Joe using Cotswold Collectible. But it ain't cheap, not substantially cheaper than these offerings--which include accessories.

Had the club added boxes, these would be a home run IMO.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 2, '17, 4:39 PM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎