Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I would love 1/6 power-vests, but the tooling costs are surely prohibitive. Esp. on a boutique item. Plus, the club has access to one Chinese factory and limited Hasbro-furnished molds.

There's a Classic Collection/90s Action Man body armor piece that would be a perfect updated vest, but again it's a matter of that mold even being available and adaptable.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 2, '17, 4:45 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Man, I hate to be the curmudgeon here... but I am surprised by the overwhelmingly positive reactions here.

I am a huge fan of Super Joe. I was so excited when I saw the title of this thread. But: (1) The head sculpts are different, both in look and in flock vs. molded. (2) No light up pack, which was the most prominent feature of the line. (3) Rather than give Darkon a green body, they took the easy route and put him in a green bodysuit. (4) Didn't even bother with Darkon's helmet or other costume bits, and instead did some hand waving that it was Darkon-Gor. (5) They throw in guns and accessories that have nothing to do with the original Super Joe line (when they had plenty of great accessory packs that they could have easily reproduced from vintage 12" Joe parts).

I appreciate them trying to do Super Joe... but to me, this is like the recent remakes of Stretch Armstrong where they "modernized" the sculpts. Super Joe isn't going to get a lot of turns at the plate here. What a missed opportunity.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
        I will not renew membership this year!
        IMO the membership figure this year, the Arcane Adventurer, is loads of fun.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Spry, Darkon-Gor is related to a previous con set & comic. I agree it's a cop-out, though I do like the figure. I def. think, too, they're trying to use molds that are extant and handy.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Spry, Darkon-Gor is related to a previous con set & comic. I do agree it's a cop-out, though I do like the figure.
            Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

lol Fair enough. I do think the club could've done a more accurate deluxe SJ set, but these are small-run exclusives and the con set has already been designed and solicited.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

IMO the membership figure this year, the Arcane Adventurer, is loads of fun.
                Wasn't the 12" exclusive the Action Man "Man of Mysteries"? Do you have a link to that one?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

He's in the Jan 2017 newsletter but I don't have a link. A google image search for both names will show the figure with the accessory set.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 2, '17, 8:12 PM.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 27, 2009

HereClub Member fig 1.jpg you go:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ninersphan1; Mar 2, '17, 8:54 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you Niner.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 12, 2016

lol Fair enough. I do think the club could've done a more accurate deluxe SJ set, but these are small-run exclusives and the con set has already been designed and solicited.
                        That was another thing...early on, I was thinking the whole Super Joe reissue was actually gonna be the 12 inch convention exclusive for this year...the 2 figures plus accessories, etc...I don't know why I thought that, I may have miss read a post or something...
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I thought that, too--I was surprised by the con set, though I like it a lot.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 12, 2016

^ I thought that, too--I was surprised by the con set, though I like it a lot.
                            The convention set for this year does look awesome...Im still waiting to see the box art for the set...
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎