• toyman
    Just Another Collector
    • Sep 1, 2008

This is one I will see in the theatres.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

I was somewhat doubtful at first, but odds are, they'll get my butt in a theater for it (I have a soft spot for the big monke---er---uh----ape). Still feels like it's going to be more of a Kong vs. Samuel L. Jackson movie, but the throwdowns I saw between Kong and the various, native antagonists on Skull Island looked pretty good. Looks like a good training arena for a smackdown with the Big G in 2020. This version of Skull Island looks much more expansive than Peter Jackson's did (which, in his defense, his theory was that Skull Island was a land mass that was slowing sinking into the ocean, henceforth it would just keep getting smaller and smaller) and much more populated than the '76 version (although the scene where we see Kong scooping Brie Larson out of the water feels like a definite tip of the hat to the De Laurentiis' version), but not quite as primordial as the original Skull Island from 1933. Will likely catch it in both 3D and non-3D....
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Giant ape? Check. I'm there.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Well-played.

Right up there with the new Alien film thingie.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Essential viewing.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎