X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman - 1979 Super Friends episode Planet of Oz

A tornado sweeps through Metropolis. The Dynamic Duo try to stop the storm from both their Batcopter and Batblimp, but it will not dissipate immediately. Batman warns Aquaman, Superman and Wonder Woman about the tornado approaching them at the Hall of Justice. Superman thinks about neutralizing it with his breath, but Wonder Woman warns him that the storm is already on top of them. The tornado sweeps the Hall of Justice away without demolishing it by taking it to a mysterious world based on L. Frank Baum's fictional region, Oz.

There Mr. Mxyzptlk turns Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman into the Tin Woodsman, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz. After they pass various dangers he reveals his plan was to have them collect for him the ingredients of a potion that will make it so he doesn't have to go back to the 5th Dimension. He still goes back when he says his name backwards because they figured out what he was up to and switched the ingredients.

Super-Tinman is made with an original Mego T2 body with blue CTVT hands; original Mego Tinman head; original Mego Tinman accessories all painted to match cartoon; cape, chest emblem, suit, and belt from FTC Super Friends Superman figure.

Wonder Lion is made with an original Mego female body; red-haired goddess head, cuffs and over-suit from CTVT; under-suit by me; tail and ears from an original Mego Cowardly Lion figure; paints by me; tiara sticker from Laser Mego.

Aquascarecrow is built on a complete FTC Super Friends Aquaman figure; head, hat, and fringe from an original Mego Scarecrow figure.

Group show with Mr. Mxyzptlk...

This was a set (along with my Sheriff Aquaman and Kid Superman) that would have never seen the light of day if not inspired by the new Super Friends line from Figures Toy Company. Kudos to them for hitting a home run with this line.

I hope you enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Absolute madness, I approve.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

What a fun set of customs! They look great.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Oz-some!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think these are wonderful, my only suggestion would be to add dark-green goblin boots to Aquaman.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megowgsh
            Customego HoF Curator
            • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I think these are wonderful, my only suggestion would be to add dark-green goblin boots to Aquaman.
            Great idea! I never knew they were available in that color. I'll have to pick up a pair on my next order. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

So clean, so colorful, so perfect! Lemme call this one: "COTW!"

Comment

• Grimjohn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 28, 2011

Magnificently done! Love the finish you applied to the Super-Tinman armor pieces, it looks like they were molded in those colors.
                My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

Wow,wow,wow!!!
                  This sir is simply perfection personified.
                  Well done these are figures I would have loved to have as a kid.
                  If FTC is watching take note.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Really great execution of the idea, Austin! These guys look like they just stepped off the teevee screen.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Love it love it love it! Also love that episode too.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Dare I say...

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Those came out amazing, fantastic looking and seeing that Wonder Woman is giving me an idea about a Star Trek Animated series M' Ress custom. I'm guessing you sewed the tail onto the suit?

Comment

• megowgsh
                            Customego HoF Curator
                            • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                            Those came out amazing, fantastic looking and seeing that Wonder Woman is giving me an idea about a Star Trek Animated series M' Ress custom. I'm guessing you sewed the tail onto the suit?
                            The tail can be sewn to the suit, but it fits nicely between the Velcro of the WW suit.

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

Nice work as usual...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡