X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Killed my Mego Buzz today (kind of)...

That moment when you receive a MIB Mission To Gamma VI playset(!) to replace your previous non-mint playset that has a broken plant trap, and you open the box...

...and see the plant trap is still sealed in the original bag...

...broken.

:(

In any case, I'll likely be selling my previous Mission To Gamma VI playset with box in the near future, so keep an ear out. Dibs to Museum Members.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Dude, I'm sorry. That stinks.

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

Ouch, that is a buzz killer right there. Hopefully a really good deal is right around the corner to karmically make up for that. To paraphrase Ferris Bueller: You have a MIB Mission to Gamma VI playset with a broken plant trap still in the original bag. Don't worry about it, I don't even have a MIB Mission to Gamma VI playset with a broken plant trap I have to envy yours.

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by greensavage2000
        Ouch, that is a buzz killer right there. Hopefully a really good deal is right around the corner to karmically make up for that. To paraphrase Ferris Bueller: You have a MIB Mission to Gamma VI playset with a broken plant trap still in the original bag. Don't worry about it, I don't even have a MIB Mission to Gamma VI playset with a broken plant trap I have to envy yours.
        I know, I can't complain too much; it wasn't that long ago this set was still my unattainable Mego holy grail, and now I've got two sitting here complete with boxes!

So yeah, it's hard to be too broken up about it. But that plant trap though...

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• greensavage2000
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2013

Don't feel bad about feeling bad. Sure it's a first world problem but a would totally be Charlie Browning this moment. Head tilted back screaming "AAUGH!!!!". This sounded like something that would happen to me anyway. Like if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all kinda thing. Case in point I always unscrew the peanut butter and check the no-tamper seal before I buy it because I kept getting ones someone had opened and took a finger full and screwed the lid back on. Once again, I know, first world problem.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Oof, that's rough. Been there.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎