X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

New licenses

I'd like to see FTC get the license for The Wizard of Oz. Who wouldn't want to see Dorothy and Pals again?
    JediJaida
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Oz along with Waltons, Starsky & Hutch and CHiPS.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

Love the remegos of classic megos.would like oz.chips .starsky and hutch.one million BC.dinah-mite and of course would love ftc.to do planet of the apes.and star trek and go deeper into those lines more so then emce /diamond did.also universal monsters.marvel and star wars is a long shot someday.id like to see the Irwin Allen shows done.land of the giants.the time tunnel and voyage to the bottom of the sea have never been done in action figure form before.lost in space has been done before.but not in mego form which would be nice.the x-files and v would be cool also.hopefully ftc will consider such license's.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

V would be fantastic. As would Robin Hood, the Three Musketeers, Captain Nemo, etc.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

I would luv and welcome.......I Dream of Jeannie!!!

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Wizard of Oz is a classic, so I am sure there would be a market. But it might be an expensive license. And MGM may have already sold that license away those rights to someone making fashion dolls.

Waltons, Starsky & Hutch, and CHiPS have not had those kind of legs. Waltons usually go cheaply on eBay. My guess is the vintage figures do a sufficient job meeting the demand for those.

X Files is an interesting option. My first thought is there are only 2 figures anybody would want to buy. Sure, fans would love a Mulder and Skully... but who wants a Cigarette Smoking Man and Assistant Director Skinner figure? But it could actually be a clever way to market a monster line without having the Universal Monsters license. The show certainly had its share of werewolves, vampires, aliens, etc, I am not sure if any of them are iconic enough designs to work... sadly, it has been too long since I watched the show.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I want Boxers with robes and taped hands. All the greats.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Oz would be an odd line, unless they did a very expanded line. I mean, WOZ is one of the few lines that Mego really did "right" and nailed all the principles, had a playset, etc. Not much room for anything new and it's one that you can acquire for really cheap even now. So I can't see a big market for re-Mego there.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Archie Comics, pulp heroes (Lone Ranger, The Shadow, etc).

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    Oz would be an odd line, unless they did a very expanded line. I mean, WOZ is one of the few lines that Mego really did "right" and nailed all the principles, had a playset, etc. Not much room for anything new and it's one that you can acquire for really cheap even now. So I can't see a big market for re-Mego there.
                    I buy CHEAP Oz lots regularly on Ebay for parts. I would hate to see them roll the dice on something so commonly available in vintage for less than they could afford to retail it. $30 - $35 gets a nice vintage Oz figure.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Fairy tales would be nice too. As long as they don't resemble any of the Disney versions, it would all be good.
                      Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, etc.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Why would FTC make $30 Waltons that would compete with the $15 Mego ones?
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

I think FTC should start trying to be more relevant by doing more recent things like the CW live action DC characters. They also need to work on their distribution channels.

I would be all over 2 packs with the original Mego style Green Arrow with the new Arrow.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                            I think FTC should start trying to be more relevant by doing more recent things like the CW live action DC characters. They also need to work on their distribution channels.

I would be all over 2 packs with the original Mego style Green Arrow with the new Arrow.

JeffBearCO
                            My only fear is that
                            1. They would be insanely expensive, esp if they were the quality of the Batman 66 line.
                            We're talking $90+ two packs, which either would be short run ( and retired early at 100 packs) or
                            or single $30 to $35 figs with very nice detailing and zero accessories....Remember MR Freeze?
                            how hot was everyone when he had no freeze rifle? Imagine Arrow with no quiver or bow......
                            or
                            2. They would be retreads cheaply made that customizers would go "I could do better THAN that..."
                            A bunch of their already gloved and booted bodies, short sleeve costumes, and female sculpts
                            for Black Canary, Felicity, and Jesse Quick that would make us mad for years.......

If they are listening and they do decide to pursue the CW license, they gotta get a better sculptor
                            and better QC. The Arrow & Flash figures in the DC Multiverse line currently at retail would be their
                            competition, so they'd have to match or better that.
                            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              Archie Comics, pulp heroes (Lone Ranger, The Shadow, etc).
                              I think a line of the Pulp Heroes would make me very, very happy. Movie Serials, Radio, Pulp, and Comic Strips....there are fans across all of those mediums and plenty of characters.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎