X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by Random Axe
    Here's a twist. I booked for our rate Thu-Sat no problem. However, my coming in early on Wed was gonna be expensive. Due to a Navy graduation also happening that week they were requiring a non refundable 450 dollar deposit for that night. BS!

We worked around it and I found a room at the Hampton a mile North on 94 for the 14th. I don't know how many others were coming in Wednesday but be aware of this nonsense.
    Yea same happen to us, I went to book Wednesday Sunday and the rate for the Wednesday was $259, don't know if i'm gonna do what I did last year and stay at the no tel motel for a night, although the eXperience was absolutely hilarious because of my Brother but it just isn't someplace WE would stay EVOR AGAIN LOL
    Last edited by Bronxboykev; May 9, '17, 9:47 AM.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I was kicking around the idea of staying at someone's AirBnB that was around the corner from the doubletree. Maybe one of those would work out for your extra nights? I don't recall what folks were asking, but I know it was much less than 250.

Comment

• WannabeMego
        Made in the USA
        • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
        However, my coming in early on Wed was gonna be expensive. Due to a Navy graduation also happening that week they were requiring a non refundable 450 dollar deposit for that night.
        Trivago shows Expedia still has Wed @ The DoubleTree for $142: https://www.trivago.com/?cpt=3600960...Sitemap=false&
        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

anyone else getting this message?

"The requested rate is not available for 15 Jun 2017 - 18 Jun 2017 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - North Shore Conference Centre."

I'm going to try calling.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

got a room for Friday and Saturday, looks like they are out of rooms Thursday at the Mego rate.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by samurainoir
              got a room for Friday and Saturday, looks like they are out of rooms Thursday at the Mego rate.
              It's the place to be.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
                I did not originally book a room for Thurs, but was considering going up early. I usually book thru Hotels.com and they are showing a place called Rodeway Inn that is pretty close.
                Last year, we stayed at the Glen Club and got a pretty good deal there. Not sure what rates are like this year.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎