• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Bridge Direct retro Strawberry Shortcake from Toy Fair 2017

Not much new was shown, unfortunately.

Just Orange Blossom (with wrong color shoes), Angel Cake and a jumbo rag doll of Strawberry Shortcake. Hopefully there will be more announced later. If not, that's very little new product for the year. Maybe they are concerned about the rumors of Iconix wanting to sell the brand? I was really expecting more because the retro line was a big seller last year. I had high hopes for Plum Puddin', Purple Pieman and Sour Grapes. It's seems unlikely, now, that they will get to more obscure characters like Banana Twirl.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

I had no idea this was going on. I bought the title character a little while back. I thought that was all that was going to show up in replica form. I'm pretty psyched to check out the other replicas that have been released.

If/when I buy any more, I'd be deadset on getting clean vintage Purple Pieman and Sour Grapes... IMHO, no display is complete w/out an arch-villain or two.

If the replicas have already shot up in price... it'll be a bummer... but, there's always just taking in a collection slower.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The retro line started fall 2015 with the release of Strawberry Shortcake. In the fall of 2016 Bridge Direct added many more characters available in single packs, two packs and a Toys R Us exclusive three pack. Target sells the two packs on the retro end caps in their toy department. TRU has them in the same area as My Little Pony in their store. Most of the dolls should still be available except for maybe Raspberry Tart who was short packed.

They are not exactly the same as the original dolls but very close and the quality is excellent.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Those are really neat. Wish they were around when my daughter was the right age for them.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎