X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

David Cassidy

Former Partridge Family star David Cassidy has disclosed that he is currently battling dementia. Best wishes go out to him and his family.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah I read that and saw the video where people thought he had fallen off the wagon again when in fact it was the disease hitting him full tilt. Very sad.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I saw this last night and wanted to cry. My very first love. I fell in love w/ David when I was 4 years old. At 5 my older sister bought me a PF album and I went around telling everyone "Keith Partridge is my best friend". I've loved him and his music every since, and been blessed enough to meet him twice. I even took 4 of my after school students to one of his concerts, and he paid special attention to them. It was a night I don't think any of us will ever forget.

Now my "best friend" has dementia.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that's really sad to hear. I wish him the best. Sorry Sharry.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

I saw the video of that concert, it was really rough on the poor guy. Hope things work out for him.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Is dementia and alzheimers the same thing ?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
              Is dementia and alzheimers the same thing ?
              They are very similar to one another and frequently dementia is caused byAlzheimer's, but they are separate diseases. Dementia stems from the destruction of brain cells and can be the result of the aforementioned Alzheimer's, but can also be the end result of strokes and head traumas. Alzheimer's, on the other hand, is a disease which actually destroys the brain and it can move very slowly or very quickly. My wife's stepmother had long-term Alzheimer's and she existed (I hesitate to say "lived") for about eight years, forgetting everyone and everything she knew in that time and, when the Lord finally called her home, it was a blessing for it ended her suffering. One of my Aunt's was also afflicted by Alzheimer's, and she went through much the same misery, but only in about the span of 24 months. Both dementia and Alzheimer's will slowly take away a person you know and love until you become a stranger to them and even, eventually, a stranger to themselves. The Cowboy Junkies have a very poignant song that could apply to either condition...

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                Career Member
                • Jul 30, 2012

Danny Bonaduce mentioned during his radio show yesterday that as soon as he heard the news he tried to call David to offer his support, but couldn't reach him. Watched the radio show via Danny TV on KZOK-FM's website. Could tell by the look on Danny's face that he's deeply concerned about David.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

We are on our fifth year of taking care of our dementia stricken mother...it's tough, very tough...I feel for David Cassidy...and his soon to be caretakers.
                  sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

I had a brother who developed early onset Alzheimer's that led to dementia. When he was diagnosed, I didn't even know dementia was a real thing. I thought it was just an old term like "Consumption" that just meant nuts. Boy was I wrong. So having witnessed all that goes with it, I always feel for someone who has been given that sentence. And it's tough when it's someone you watched as a kid, that to you is 18 years old with feathered hair eating at a taco stand.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                      I always feel for someone who has been given that sentence And it's tough when it's someone you watched as a kid, that to you is 18 years old with feathered hair eating at a taco stand.
                      Exactly!

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Ibn case anybody's interested, David Cassidy is going to be on the "Dr. Phil" program this Wednesday (03/01/17) to discuss his condition...

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                          Ibn case anybody's interested, David Cassidy is going to be on the "Dr. Phil" program this Wednesday (03/01/17) to discuss his condition...
                          Yes, I heard about that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡