Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what the saturday morning tv lineup looked like 40 years ago

Images
    Blog Entries

Images

Dinahmite

Ha! You know Saturday morning is one of my favorite topics! Let's see this past Saturday I watched:

U.S. Of Archie, Lidsville, The Pink Panther show, The Krofft Supershow, The New Adventures of Batman and The Secrets of Isis. And of course cool commercials and Schoolhouse Rock mixed in between the shows! With a bowl of Count Chocula and a glass of Grape Tang!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

That is a nice helping of goodness. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HardyGirl View Post
    Ha! You know Saturday morning is one of my favorite topics! Let's see this past Saturday I watched:

U.S. Of Archie, Lidsville, The Pink Panther show, The Krofft Supershow, The New Adventures of Batman and The Secrets of Isis. And of course cool commercials and Schoolhouse Rock mixed in between the shows! With a bowl of Count Chocula and a glass of Grape Tang!
    I wish I could watch saturday morning cartoons but all thats on is whatever crap they put on cn and disney xd

Images
    Man did I love me some Saturday morning cartons. It was definitely appointment TV for me. My mom used to tell me that when I was a baby she would sit me in front of the TV Saturday morning and it was like the only real break she got. She said I would sit transfixed on the TV as long as the cartoons lasted.

I watched everything in that CBS ad.

You're so cool!

Count Chocula washed down with grape tang would be a very quick trip to the little boys room for me.
    Now let's say, Cheerios with an old Kentucky chaser, now that's the breakfast of champs.

I remember those shows very well, I'd like to see the ads for ABC and NBC too.

Images
    It surprises me that I learned to enjoy those "In the News" segments on CBS. The memory of watching those reports over the years of my Saturday morning TV viewing makes them just as important to my experience as the cartoons. However, I am pretty sure they annoyed me at first and I kind of aged into them after a few years.