X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

Need Help With Head Reattachment

Hello!

I've run into a problem that I just cannot wrap my head around. I took the FTC retro Batman figure I purchased a while back and wanted to try my hand at following some tutorials to restring the bodies (and get rid of those awkward stances that come from CTVT bodies). It was a success, and I was more than happy to get the costume back on and put Batman back up on the shelf and truly display him. However, I ran into a small problem: Batman's head simply would not go back into the neck hole. I've try a bunch of ideas on how to get it back in--everything from slowly twisting it in, heating up the neck, and even violently jamming it in (not a good idea! ). I'm contemplating whether or not to just try and use dremel on the neck hole and attempt to widen it just a tad, but I thought I'd ask first and see what the community thought.

Thanks!
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

I've found that heating up the neckplug usually works just fine. I microwave water in a glass measuring cup and then dip the neck plug (not the whole head) in the water for like 30 seconds. Hold it in there with some tongs or something so you don't burn your fingers. After the neck is soft, just push and twist into the neck hole on the torso. Then leave it alone for a couple minutes to cool down. Hope this helps.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

With some of the CTVT bodies, I have had to enlarge the neck hole slightly. Either with sand paper, an exacto, dremel, whatever works for you. if the hole is smaller than the smallest part of the neck pluck, you are going to have to enlarge the hole somehow. You may still have to warm the neck plug (water in the microwave is my method of choice) in order to get it in the hole.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎