Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Super7 Filmation Masters of the universe figures in MOTUC and vintage 1980s style

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Super7 Filmation Masters of the universe figures in MOTUC and vintage 1980s style

The Filmation MOTUC figures look awesome and I can't wait to see the Filmation figures done in the style of the original toyline.

I always wanted cartoon versions of the characters in the original toyline.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
    The Filmation MOTUC figures look awesome and I can't wait to see the Filmation figures done in the style of the original toyline.

I always wanted cartoon versions of the characters in the original toyline.
    In the pictures you linked to, I only see one MOTUC Filmation based figure: Hordak. And it does look great. Are there any others I'm missing?

I also read the text on the top. Maybe I missed something, but I saw no mention of new Filmation MOTUC and/or Filmation characters in "original toyline" style.

Do you have an alternate source for that info?
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

They have figures on display of the MOTUC Filmation Hordak, Man-at-Arms, Teela and Triklops. For the vintage line they only have the card backs on display so far. The vintage filmation figures are He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra and Hordak.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 18, '17, 1:26 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

MOTUC Filmation Hordak

Man-at-Arms

Triklops

Teela

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

That is AWESOME. I know you're really into the MOTUC line and you may have seen that I am too.... I have almost all MOTUC releases.... and although it can get costly at times, I feel that money aside, Super 7 is really carrying the ball awesomely what with news of all this new MOTUC going on.... I have to admit that with the new vintage MOTU figures, they may get me back into that line too. BUt I'll resist that as long as I can... what if they get Snake Mountain going on? That'll be great... but that's like maybe $400 right there!

I'm on the .org but haven't been over there for a while.... I'm much more often here.... So: Thanks again for the links to the MOTUC pics.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Ohh nuts, they are going to do new 5.5 inch retro figures (as per one of the place cards). I wasnt a fan of the glow monsters but I may break down and get retro style additions to the roster.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

I'll buy Hordak
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

The Startos and Trap Jaw are mini-comic/Preternia variants....aimed squarely at my wallet.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

These are just wonderful. Beautiful toys. I'm so happy for MOTU fans right now. As for myself, as a casual fan, I'll be sticking with Super7's retro 3.75" figures, since that is my preferred format. But what great looking toys.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

The Startos and Trap Jaw are mini-comic/Preternia variants....aimed squarely at my wallet.
                    The Prince Adam is from the Mini-Comics as well, and perhaps the early DC Comics appearances.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      The Prince Adam is from the Mini-Comics as well, and perhaps the early DC Comics appearances.

Chris
                      Ah, You're right. The D.C. Mini Adam. I couldn't place that style.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

This gallery has pics of the 1980s Mattel style Filmation figures. The pics of them start four rows down.

They are so awesome. These are the MOTU figures I've wanted since I was a kid. They are also making figures of the original unreleased He-Ro and Eldor.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Cool toy review also has pics of the MOTU retro Mattel Filmation figures. I think their pictures might even be a bit clearer.

Pictures are towards the bottom

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            Cool toy review also has pics of the MOTU retro Mattel Filmation figures. I think their pictures might even be a bit clearer.

Pictures are towards the bottom

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2017-to...r-2017-super7/
                            Wow! Those are excellent figures! I'm in for those for sure.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

More good news about the MOTU retro line. The are going to sell them wholesale. They are not limited exclusives and no pre-orders needed! He-Ro will be made from the original prototype.

Skip ahead to 5:30 for info about the retro line.

Pixel Dan catches up with Brian Flynn to talk Masters of the Universe at the 2017 New York Toy Fair!SUBSCRIBE to Dan so you never miss a video!FOLLOW Dan on ...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎