X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Sideshow Daredevil

Weird that they would just create their own version of the character or are they known for this?

Sideshow has a new Sixth Scale Daredevil figure available for pre-order. But this isn't based on the Netflix TV series. Nor the Ben Affleck movie or even
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^All the Sideshow stuff is like that...it's their interpretation. Same with Mezco. Some people like it...some don't. My two cents is there have been plenty of 100% comic accurate Daredevils made. Stuff like this adds variety and visual interest to a collection. As long as the design is cool, which it is...I'm okay with it. I actually wish this was his Netflix costume.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Please point me in the direction of these "100% comic accurate" 1:6 cloth-costumed Daredevils.

Sideshow's 1:6 Marvel & DC lines have been a huge disappointment for me. Their Green Lantern is so bad I wouldn't want it at $50, let alone the $220 they sold it at. Same with Mezco. I'm as big a Captain America fan as there is, but I was so underwhelmed by the SDCC One:12 Cap I bought that I haven't touched it since my first look after it arrived.

emyawd72, if it's a Netflix DD you want, Hot Toys is doing one for the same price as the "Sideshow Interpretation" version:

Comment

• greensavage2000
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by enyawd72
        ^All the Sideshow stuff is like that...it's their interpretation. Same with Mezco. Some people like it...some don't. My two cents is there have been plenty of 100% comic accurate Daredevils made. Stuff like this adds variety and visual interest to a collection. As long as the design is cool, which it is...I'm okay with it. I actually wish this was his Netflix costume.
        Let me say first this stuff and the Mezco stuff looks great but I can't afford to start collecting these lines. I look at all this awesomeness and I think I wish it wasn't a new design. I get what you're saying about variety and visual interest and the designs are cool. It's just a lot to pay and be off character to me. Don't get me wrong though if I win the lottery I would love to have shelfs full of this stuff. It looks like they might have been inspired by Netflix Daredevil design. Bottom line is like with the Mezco Green Arrow it looks so cool but I can't help but think, how cool would the Neal Adams design be?

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I was looking for a more comic accurate figure and this one fits the bill. I really enjoy the Daredevil series on Netflix so it's no knock against them. But I wanted a closer look to the comic in this scale. I'll get this one.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
            Please point me in the direction of these "100% comic accurate" 1:6 cloth-costumed Daredevils.
            I'll point you somewhere alright...

There are many 100% comic accurate Daredevils. Secret Wars, Toy Biz 1990, Marvel Legends, Marvel Legends Icons, Marvel Universe, Hasbro Signature Series, Marvel Select, Diamond Select...I can't help it if there isn't one in the exact scale you want.

I'm aware there is a Hot Toys Netflix Daredevil...what I meant is I wish he wore the Sideshow costume on the show. It looks much better.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by greensavage2000
              Let me say first this stuff and the Mezco stuff looks great but I can't afford to start collecting these lines. I look at all this awesomeness and I think I wish it wasn't a new design. I get what you're saying about variety and visual interest and the designs are cool. It's just a lot to pay and be off character to me. Don't get me wrong though if I win the lottery I would love to have shelfs full of this stuff. It looks like they might have been inspired by Netflix Daredevil design. Bottom line is like with the Mezco Green Arrow it looks so cool but I can't help but think, how cool would the Neal Adams design be?
              I wouldn't rule out comic accurate figures from Mezco...they have a Frank Miller DKR Superman coming at some point...it was just pushed back. I think they have plans for more comic specific figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I"'m a great DD fan, including the cheesier "non-Miller" apects. I like this costume, honestly it's better than any Marvel variant and, agreeing with Tom, I'd have liked to see it in the series.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 17, '17, 4:08 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

Sideshow 1:6 Marvel and DC figures are too pricey for me up to $250. SS 1:6 Marvel and Mezco 1:12 were both announced at 2014 SDCC and I have gone with 1:12 ever since. Mezco announcing 1:12 Marvel at 2016 Toy Fair and the reveals and interview with Pierre at 2017 TF cinched it for me. I received 1:12 Red Daredevil and Modern Punisher this week and love them.I have a dozen 1:12 now with at least that many more on the Way. 1:12 is best figure line.

If SS had made 1:6 Marvel and DC over 10 years ago starting at $50 each like Star Wars I would have bought them all. Like SW these are too expensive. Mezco 1:12 is a more affordable alternative.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72

I'm aware there is a Hot Toys Netflix Daredevil...what I meant is I wish he wore the Sideshow costume on the show. It looks much better.
                    Oops. Reading comprehension failure on my part.
                    I realize there have been a bunch of comic-based DDs; I like the EMCE version, and would've liked the Famous Covers version if not for the chunky boots, incorrect DD insignia, and pin-head.
                    But I'd really like a comic-accurate 1:6 cloth-costumed version. I will say, though, I think Mezco's One:12 Yellow DD looks great; just wish their red version didn't have shoulder pads.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎