Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

I don't know why people keep asking for and insisting Gordon can be made. He is not in the 66 batman license. period. He can't be made at all. Custom is the only route, just like False Face, Clock King and others.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

What insisting, there is just hoping. And the '66 license has evolved. Also, there is no licensing restriction on False Face.

Regarding Neil Hamilton, wiki lists one unidentified child.

I'm curious, if no heir is extant, what's the obstacle to likeness rights for, say, Colin Clive.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 19, '18, 9:21 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

The obstacle, as I understand it is "the devil you don't know".

You don't want Neil Hamilton's great-grandson showing up saying that WB profited from his pop-pop's image without compensated consent. A judge will probably slap on tons of damages greater than the value of his likeness.

Lawyers like everything neat and uncertainty is their enemy.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          What insisting, there is just hoping. And the '66 license has evolved. Also, there is no licensing restriction on False Face.

Regarding Neil Hamilton, wiki lists one unidentified child.

I'm curious, if no heir is extant, what's the obstacle to likeness rights for, say, Colin Clive.
          You guys here are not the only ones "hoping" and still insisting. He can't be made, line evolving or not.

I asked FTC about getting False False before I made my custom and they said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So yeah, he isn't happening either.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
            I don't know why people keep asking for and insisting Gordon can be made. He is not in the 66 batman license. period. He can't be made at all. Custom is the only route, just like False Face, Clock King and others.
            It originally did not include Yvonne Craig either, things change.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

You guys here are not the only ones "hoping" and still insisting. He can't be made, line evolving or not.

I asked FTC about getting False False before I made my custom and they said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So yeah, he isn't happening either.
              "You guys here" is always a great way to start a post, it really makes me want to give your opinions serious consideration.

Who knows what licensing rights FTC has, it's seemingly different than Funko's. Additionally, FTC's decision not to offer False Face (which in fact they sort of did) may have more to do with marketing than a license. Frankly, I'm usually much more concerned about what they do release than what they might release.

Further, futile or not, hoping for a Commissioner Gordon is really no more silly (or irritating) than commenting on the unchanging aspects of FTC head scales or body quality.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 20, '18, 4:18 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Regardless, it seems that the Joker, the Riddler, the Penguin, Chief O’Hara and Alfred are still viable.

- Ian
                Last edited by EmergencyIan; Feb 20, '18, 5:48 PM.
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  It originally did not include Yvonne Craig either, things change.
                  It changed because she was originally offered peanuts and then they finally offered her some real money.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

It changed because she was originally offered peanuts and then they finally offered her some real money.
                    Just out of curiosity, when did "they" do this? You do know she is dead, right?

CCC.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

When it comes to likeness rights, the estates of deceased people can be more difficult to deal with than an actual living person.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by LordMudd
                        Just out of curiosity, when did "they" do this? You do know she is dead, right?

CCC.
                        When do you think? When she was alive...she passed not too long after that

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Right and my point was that it did change. I don't care about the why it changed part, that is irrelevant. Alfred was not part of it from the get go either, so it matters not why, just that it can change.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Right and my point was that it did change. I don't care about the why it changed part, that is irrelevant. Alfred was not part of it from the get go either, so it matters not why, just that it can change.
                            Well, don't hold your breath

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Well, don't hold your breath
                              I'm not, I was just showing you that it is possible to have the agreement change.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

They originally offered her a fee in line with an actor that starred in 26 out of 120 episodes of a series. Only 4 more than Cesar Romero and 5 more than Burgess Meredith.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎