Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

i'm hoping green hornet and kato figures are made in this series as well!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^Oh how I would love that! But can they even be licensed in relation to the show?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• spockoda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by LordMudd
        I would really like Siren, another bad girl for Batgirl.

They promised us Munsters in 2016 and someone asked about Addams Family. Their response was that all of the licenses they wanted were not available, then in 2017 started talking about Addams and ignoring Munsters.
        All I really want is a good bride figure for my UM Dracula and I think Lily would look better than Morticia.

CCC.
        I would be up for Addams Family figures, as long as they were based on the 60's tv series.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by spockoda
          I would be up for Addams Family figures, as long as they were based on the 60's tv series.
          It may be the movie that was a problem to begin with, and because we still have not seen anything, is still in the way. Jeff Wayne did a musical version of War of the Worlds with Richard Burton as the narrator and a who's who of musicians, then wanted to do a movie version, but the people with the license would not let him. I know there was a very short lived tv series that sucked.

CCC.

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Bad news?
            Good news!
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

In a first world problem way of speaking, it would be unforgivable to have the line terminate without Joker, Riddler, and Penguin! Let's hope these still happen.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

They’re saying there is a Wave 2 coming. Just get out Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Chief O’Hara and Commissioner Gordon in it. The line will cease following that, I’m sure. We’ll see what happens!

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Good choices of course, Ian. But I’d rate Alfred in his green apron even higher than Gordon or O’Hara. He was such an iconic part of the team. Maybe the coolest “Old Man" character ever.

Still could use Mad Hatter and Egghead too.
                  Last edited by Hedji; Feb 19, '18, 4:59 PM.

Comment

• toothaction
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 15, 2017

Eartha or bust!
                    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Eggy Baby!
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
                        Good choices of course, Ian. But I’d rate Alfred in his green apron even higher than Gordon or O’Hara. He was such an iconic part of the team. Maybe the coolest “Old Man" character ever.

Still could use Mad Hatter and Egghead too.
                        You’re absolutely right! Alfred completely slipped my mind. Add him to the 2nd wave and you’re good. I like the Eartha and Egghead suggestions, but if you add them to the final wave, you still have the same problem that you have now. This thing is on its lasts legs, or so it appears.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I still am amazed that Tweeterhead was able to get a high end Egghead statue to the market.

It's sad, but I think the Funko figures were just a year too late. If they'd come out when the Mattel ones first did, they'd have ridden the crest of the wave, rather than sink through the trough. I also think that Adam's death sort of symbolically closed the book on the latest resurgence with the DVDs and the merchandise breakthrough.

If only they could do a massive villains box set. There are so many characters from the show that have earned the right to be made into plastic, more so than other Funko figures like Tomorrowland or the upcoming Ready Player One.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Who wouldn't want a figure of this guy? This is a design for Tweeterhead's maquette that I really hope sees the light of day.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I doubt we'll ever get Gordon. Neil Hamilton's estate did not participate in the licensing. Some artists (like Mike Allred) have said "screw it" and drew him anyway, but most have drawn the comic Gordon or a variation.

I just hope these Funko figures aren't some low-run "exclusive" to liquidate what they already had made up, like in their "loot" boxes or something. That would suck more eggs than even Vincent Price can throw!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Is it a case of Hamilton's estate refusing or they can't find a heir? (see Colin Clive)
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎