Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

I saw a post somewhere...1. The major villains will be spread out over the line to keep it going and facilitate other villains getting done. 2. They are having some individual licensing issues with character/actor likenesses.

CCC.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by LordMudd
      I saw a post somewhere...1. The major villains will be spread out over the line to keep it going and facilitate other villains getting done. 2. They are having some individual licensing issues with character/actor likenesses.

CCC.
      Series 2 is suppose to have Joker,Penguin,and Riddler,Egghead and more. I highly doubt they will go any further past series 2. Funko always talks big,but never delivers past a wave..

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
        Series 2 is suppose to have Joker,Penguin,and Riddler,Egghead and more. I highly doubt they will go any further past series 2. Funko always talks big,but never delivers past a wave..
        I would really like Siren, another bad girl for Batgirl.

They promised us Munsters in 2016 and someone asked about Addams Family. Their response was that all of the licenses they wanted were not available, then in 2017 started talking about Addams and ignoring Munsters.
        All I really want is a good bride figure for my UM Dracula and I think Lily would look better than Morticia.

CCC.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

there are some rumblings that this line is dead in the water.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Well, that would be a damn shame considering all the major villains yet to be produced. I hope there is one more wave.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 21, '18, 7:04 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

And if they plan to do the Addams Family, they better do all eight or not bother.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                there are some rumblings that this line is dead in the water.
                Do you have a source? I hope that's not true, because a Batman line without Joker, Penguin, and Riddler is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

We'll know for sure at ToyFair.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Well, that would be a damn shame considering all the major villains yet to be produced. I hope there is one more wave.
                    I hope that's not the case, even though I only picked up a few of these. I think they shot themselves in the foot right away when they made two very desirable figures (screen test batman and alternate Mr. Freeze) shortpacked. I didn't bother with trying to collect them all when I knew I'd have to pay a premium for those two. I know didn't hurt Mezco when they did the same thing with their Classic Punisher, but they have a much broader line up to choose from and a product done in a unique way.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hedji
                      Do you have a source? I hope that's not true, because a Batman line without Joker, Penguin, and Riddler is absolutely ridiculous.
                      just some people talking at the batman66 forum.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Would't surprise me. Funko have been known for releasing strange 1st series action figure lineups, and then cancelling the line.

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

Funko needs to suck it p and start showing some consistency or they will lose all customer support and end up dead in the water.

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I hope it's not true. It may have been too big a gamble to rely so heavily on Tier 2 villains in Wave 1. It would have made a lot more sense to have Joker and Catwoman in the first wave, and Riddler and Penguin in the second. But to only have one of the big 4 in the first wave was a huge risk. I hope it didn't backfire. I won't declare the sky is falling yet though.

Comment

• toothaction
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 15, 2017

But at least we'll always have five different colors of Batmobile... eye-roll emoji.
                              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Dan Greenfield has been covering this line heavily on 13th Dimension, and he seems confident we'll know about Series 2 soon. I hope he's right.

Your Batcave of information on Funko’s line of action figures.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎