• Show
Clear All
  • JWLJN
    Veteran Member
    • May 7, 2013

Funko Batman 66

49D40E35-6208-49CB-8E20-93AD10B9F4C4.jpg

4165069F-D074-4B8E-81BA-87AD2F33F9DD.jpg

Toys opened as they should be. For many reasons I was not even going to collect these. Batman 66 is pretty much the only comic-related license that I have interest in, so when I collected Super Powers etc as a kid, I played them “Dozier” style. I always envisioned ‘66 as Megos, so I initially did not buy the Mattel figures. I ended up with the entire set (sans Batgirl who I picked up later when she came out) on Amazon dirt cheap one Christmas. Then I picked at the FTC line, as the price point and lack of major characters due to licensing really turned me away. Still, “Ring Around The Riddler” figures were irresistible to me, so I have about 10-12 and still plan on getting a few more.

This brings us to last Christmas when my girlfriend gifted me Tut and Catwoman in the 3 3/4 line. I left them carded with plans to eventually open. At my local toy show I picked up Bookworm, Batgirl, and Preminger for $5 each. Then a few weeks ago I started my umpteenth viewing run of the series, for the first time on a 55 inch screen. This led me to see if the Wallach Freeze had ever come down in price. Found him and Screen Test Batman for $35 shipped as a pair. I decided to order the Batmobile off of Amazon for Robin and here we are.

I opened them all at once and it was a lot of fun. I may display the Batmobile on my TV stand. Like everyone else, I’m hoping someone else picks up the line, but who knows. At the very least it’d be fulfilling if a 3 3/4 inch Penguin, Joker, and Riddler of similar style would come along in some line.

-J\/\/
    http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎