Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars 40th anniversary 6 inch Black Series on Kenner cards.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Star Wars 40th anniversary 6 inch Black Series on Kenner cards.

This has been rumored for a while now.

Luke X-Wing exclusive.

They are also releasing 6 inch Black Series versions of the original 12 Kenner SW figures on retro cards.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Every time they do a reveal and it's NOT retro Kenner style figures on vintage cards, I breathe a sigh of relief. Because that would make me cave and fall down the rabbit hole.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
      Every time they do a reveal and it's NOT retro Kenner style figures on vintage cards, I breathe a sigh of relief. Because that would make me cave and fall down the rabbit hole.
      You'd think by now somebody at Hasbro would've figured it out...they've put out super articulated figures on Kenner cards, and Kenner style 5-POA figures on modern cards. DUH...they are so dense.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

I don't know; maybe they're just respectful to preseserving the collectibility of the vintage carded figures by not offering straight-up reproductions? I'm not a Star Wars collector in any capacity, but if I were (especially if I were a vintage collector), I'd appreciate that.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Modern figures on classic cards is a nice homage and it's about time they are finally finishing the original 12 in the 6 inch scale. But I would be overjoyed if they actually reissued the Kenner figures and put them on Kenner cards. I loved the Classic Edition four pack Hasbro released in 95 and was always disappointed they didn't do more.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Would it kill them to make a 6" Tarkin? I want a to make some Van Helsing/Frankenstein customs!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I would be overjoyed if they actually reissued the Kenner figures and put them on Kenner cards. I loved the Classic Edition four pack Hasbro released in 95 and was always disappointed they didn't do more.
              I too liked the Classic Four Pack, but I guess I'm glad they never did straight reissues, because I'd have been compelled to buy them. But if they sort of continued the Kenner Line in both figure style and cardback (imagine a Kenner style Darth Maul or Finn), I wouldn't be able to resist. And that's the problem. I definitely don't need to be collecting more Star Wars toys. I'd love it, because I'd be in my glory, but I'd hate it because I'd be a trapped completist.

Even though they do 5 POA now, I don't consider them Kenner style. It's all in the eyes... those simple arches with the dot for the pupil. That and the glossy plastic. Lots of little ideosynchrasies that make vintage, vintage.

Comment

• SKotK
                Career Member
                • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
                I too liked the Classic Four Pack, but I guess I'm glad they never did straight reissues, because I'd have been compelled to buy them. But if they sort of continued the Kenner Line in both figure style and cardback (imagine a Kenner style Darth Maul or Finn), I wouldn't be able to resist. And that's the problem. I definitely don't need to be collecting more Star Wars toys. I'd love it, because I'd be in my glory, but I'd hate it because I'd be a trapped completist.
                I'm totally with you on that. I can resist the modern Hasbro toys these days, and have rid myself of most of the stuff I collected in the late 90s/mid-2000s now (just no real nostalgia attched to it!). But if Hasbro did something similar to what EMCE did when they basically reissued and extended the Mego Star Trek line, and they released a modern day extension of the original Kenner line, I'd be hooked. Can you imagine a totally faithful Kenner-style General Dodonna, Grand Moff Tarkin, or Rebel Soldier on retro-style packaging? Shoulder-pauldron Stormtrooper? The Imperial long-snout spy from Mos Eisley? Rebel pilot Biggs?

I wouldn't be able to resist either.

--SKot
                Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Pics.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Definitely want some of these. They have the right vibe for me.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• spockoda
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 14, 2018

I've been a Star Wars fan since the very beginning way back when but I have shunned the 6" figures due to cost plus the point of buying figures that I already have plenty of, just a little bigger? And some of the paint jobs are sub-par in my opinion. If I'm going to drop $20 a figure the paint jobs better impress me but Star Wars has suffered an overall quality decline since the big "D" took over....

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎