• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey Megoheads!

Since I'm a pre-school teacher, Valentine's Day to me is passing out cards w/ my class this morning, and having our party this afternoon, (after nap time). I may get some candy of cards from my kids, but nothing romantic.

What do you do on Valentine's Day?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

And a Happy Valentine's Day back to you, as well, HardyGirl! Sounds like you're going to have a fun Valentine's Day, which is how it should be. Like Christmas, it's gotten WAY too commercial, with jewelry stores and florists gouging to get as much $$$$ out of the consumers' pocket as possible, for my liking.

I wrote a story for Aircel Comics many years ago for a romance anthology title they put out detailing the origins of Valentine's Day. In researching it, I found out that, as with almost everything that has roots in the distant past, there is a theological connection that I never knew about before.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Happy Valentine's day! I'll probably just sit home by myself.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Wife cooked me a cheese and spinach stuffed steak, its too hectic going out for dinner around here.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• steelcouch
          Career Member
          • Feb 11, 2006

I work with 5th and 6th graders. Valentines for me is throwing a pizza party with my kids at school and letting them exchange cards. Came home to apricot chicken with asparagus that my wife made especially for us. I get the best of both worlds.

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 1, 2008

My wife is a 3rd grade teacher, however that has nothing to do with my my childhood friend, Action Jackson!

I respect all teachers, thank you for what you do!!,

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Adventurers!!” - - Action Jackson
            EA74A08F-A1D3-48B9-95B7-D9C314B5B665.jpeg
            Last edited by AJ-Paratrooper; Feb 14, '18, 11:15 PM.
            DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

My wife gifted me the ThinkGeek EMCE ReMego Captain America set, and I got her Jill Thompson's Wonder Woman graphic novel. We're such nerds.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎