Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel reveal Wonder Woman movie Toys, Barbies like dolls, etc!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Mattel reveal Wonder Woman movie Toys, Barbies like dolls, etc!

www.toyark.com has pics from Entertainment Weekly of new Mattel Wonder Woman movie Toys including 11" Barbie like dolls multiple versions of Gal Gadot WW of course and Steve Trevor and Queen Hippolyta! I like These, there has not been a Wonder Woman doll line like this since Mego 12" 40 years Ago! Single dolls are only $15- $20 each and 2 packs and figure with horse are $27- $30 each. The only doll that's missing is Diana in her blue military uniform with hat and glasses like Lynda Carter wore. And also the black robe/cloak Diana wears in the movie.

I wish FTC could do an 8" Lynda Carter WW TV line like this. And that Mattel would make Supergirl TV dolls like this.
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

I like the look of this line too. I am tempted by the 2 mounted figures, the Steve Trevor 2 pack and the Deluxe figure. We'll see what finances look like when they come out.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Nice.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 13, 2016

I'm really excited for this line! For the Batfleck vs Superman doll they actually created a new body mold called the "hero body" that is more muscular and has a "sword hand." I'm hoping that this line will use that body too.
        If you need some Mego scale versions of her or Supergirl, hit me up! I mostly do re-rooting, but I paint faces and sew the occasional outfit as well. :P

Diana

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 13, 2016

The two figures on horse back are supposed to MSRP at on $29.99 ea! Hoping that it doesn't go up before they hit the shelves...

Diana, the Re-rooter

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Pretty cool dollies!
            sigpic

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Has there been any word when these might hit the shelves? The movie is June and I am guessing they will hit ahead of the movie, but I am not sure how soon in advance. The Kong Skull Island stuff I got hit about 4-6 weeks before the release but I don't know if that is close to standard or not.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

They look super nice. Mattel does a great job of releasing really high quality dolls at a reasonable price point.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Any word on where these will be sold or is it just online?

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Those figures are excellent looking. The likeness in the head sculpt is really exceptional for a figure line at this price point.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

I've seen the single dolls at Walmart--standard WW and Diana in blue dress.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 13, 2016

So far it seems like they are only popping up at Walmart right now in the US (Mattel has a contract with big stores and certain ones get to nab the release date spot before they are shipped to other stores). Based on photos I've seen of them on shelves, they didn't stray too far from the prototypes. Hopefully the warrior version with the bow will look that great when she is released!
                        Diana, the Re-rooter (who just pretends she is Wonder Woman)

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Found them at both our local Wal*Mart's this morning, and between the two I snagged everything except the archer figure. I was only going to get a couple, but my wife liked a bunch of them so we ended up splurging on most of the line.

-M

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Here's what we picked up...

The mounted Wonder Woman figure...

the mounted Hippolyta figure...

the deluxe Wonder Woman w/shield wielding action...

the standard battle-ready WW and Princess Diana in gown w/hidden sword figures...

and the Diana & Steve Trevor 2 pack...

I splurged on a couple other toys while there too..

-M

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

Monday at my Wal-Mart I got Battle Ready Wonder Woman for only $12.88 retail Price! This is the best Gal Gadot WW figure I have so far with best Likeness! I like the cloth and plastic used for her costume, articulation, and rooted hair. WM had the other 3 single WW dolls. I want the $30 Diana and Steve 2 pack and WW and Hippolyta with Horses! The only figure that is missing is Diana Prince in her blue military outfit with glasses and hat like Lynda Carter wore on ABC WW episodes. I hope Mattel makes that one.I can't believe the low prices on these when Multiverse 6" figures are $20!

FTC needs to hurry and show Wonder Woman Series 1 pics and release the wave by June when WW movie arrives!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎