Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

this one always get me too. just a tragic what if kind of thing for John Lennon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzgAJbfme8

my wife had never heard this song until I took her to see Paul live at Citi Field back in 2009 and it brought tears to her eyes

Comment

• TomStrong
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2011

I grew up in Killen Alabama and had a great childhood. Lost my parents in '96 and to this day I can't hear " My home's in Alabama" by Alabama without cracking up. I've held up through so much but that song cracks my mask.
      Last edited by TomStrong; Feb 24, '17, 9:34 PM.

Comment

• jimbutsu
        Memory *is* RAM!
        • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
        So basically it was over Frey and Henley wanting the lion's share of the profits after Hell ?

Hate to say this (set aside them being jerks for wanting that) - but they ARE the Eagles in most peoples eyes.
        Not to dredge this all up again, but as a legal entity the Eagles were an equal partnership of five people, then four when Leadon left, then three when Meisner left. Walsh, Schmidt, etc. were all employees, but Felder was NEVER an employee from a legal standpoint, and he expected to be an equal partner post reformation just he was during their first run. Henley and Frey couldn't actually "fire" him, and it blew up in their face when they tried (if they were going to come out ahead, they never would have settled out of court). They came off as bitter old men and Felder came off as someone who was naive to believe he was really an equal part of something the others never saw him as a part of. Luckily for him, even if the practical reality didn't align to that, the legal reality did.

To keep this on topic (but with a twist), the entire second side of Babylon and On by Squeeze transports me back in time, and when I hear it, I'm in my dorm room dealing with the adolescent nonsense that came along with my first serious girlfriend.
        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Just look at the bottom of my post. 'Isn't It A Pity' does it to me whenever I hear it.

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
            Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
            • May 13, 2004

Moody Blues - Forever Autumn, this song chokes me up every time

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

I believe this is a perfect song. And, one that I get emotional over every time I hear it.

Shelter by Lone Justice

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
                Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
                • May 13, 2004

Simon and Garfunkel have several that get to me but this one is my favorite of theirs

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎